Venetian blinds - roller blinds - roman blinds

anchored, Apr 27, 7:16pm
Regarding keeping in warmth in winter, have any of you had either roller or venetian blinds - great in summer for filtering out light - then in winter thought 'I wish I have roman blinds/curtains".
Needing to put window treatments up in entire house - sunny side (full length 3 x 3 width sliding will have double tracks with sheers to filter out heat in summer, and linings to keep warmth in in winter; west side finding it hard to make a decision. Hence my question.
Have no privacy issues at all.

christin, Apr 27, 11:23pm
Duette or honeycomb blinds are supposed to be good insulation wise.

molly37, Apr 28, 7:50am
We had romans, no problems until i changed the whole house to lovely white wooden blinds. Whilst they look great, we find in the bedroom we really feel the draft behind our heads over the winter. So I've installed a blind which just sits above them we can pull down at night.

valleygirl16, Apr 28, 8:24am
Definitely romans then you can line them to keep out the cold. Will work alot better than anything else

hazelnut2, Apr 28, 8:59am
I second that! Line them with 'bumph'. Available at curtain makers shops. Was going to recommend measuring them to fit INSIDE the window frame, but that's not always possible because then they will make the window area smaller and cut out some light. But inside the frame is better for keeping the cold out.

anchored, May 5, 8:19am
molly37 - thanks that is the good to know - one side of the coin -venetians look good, the other side - not so warm.
Valley girl and hazelnut - that is what I know in my head. I just needed someones experience to (molly) to make me realise it.

loukirby, Nov 14, 6:02am
I have both roller blinds and Roman/curtains on my north side. The rollers are for sun filtering and Roman/curtains for warmth.