Wooden blinds

seat1, Jan 19, 11:06pm
Have wooden and they are so hard to clean but also have some that are sort of plastic and they are great just a flick with the feather duster plus they were half the price of the wooden.

bit, Jan 11, 2:53am
Hi. I'm looking to get blinds. The wooden ones look great but I'm concerned they will go mouldy because of the condensation that collects on aluminium window frames.
Has anyone here had any experience?
I'm guessing the same with fabric (vertical) but aluminium doesn't seem to come in my choice of colours.

wenpen, Jan 11, 3:10am
I have the wide wooden blinds hanging on Aluminium crying windows. They never went mouldy, however I do run a dehumidifier in Autumn and Winter now. If they are hung correctly the blind doesn't actually touch any surface.

molly37, Jan 11, 6:40am
We have white wooden blinds on wooden sash windows that do get a little condensation. Not noticed any mould. We do have a heatpump which does keep the place dry mostly though. The only problem is that you have to dust them every week and clean any fly dirt.

bit, Mar 26, 5:04pm
Thanks both.
I think they are not going to work for me as I have to leave the house to boarders for extended lengths of time. What a shame as they would look great.