Dishwasher not filling - error code 5

_peas, Jul 1, 3:07pm
We've just had our whole house re-plumbed and now running mains (was a low pressure system) Our 12 month old Westinghouse Dishwasher which has been in storage for 4 months has just been hooked up and now returns fault code 5 which is water supply. There is water to the tap, no problem there. The actual fill hose resembles the drain hose except it has a plastic box (an inline filter or pressure reg? ) on it slightly smaller than a cigarette box just after the fitting that screws to the tap. Would having it dry for 4 months cause it issues? Pretty average as we were looking forward to not doing dishes in the bathroom sink anymore.

malcovy, Jul 1, 3:12pm
Have a look in the instruction manual to see what the code means.

_peas, Jul 1, 3:27pm
As stated.

malcovy, Jul 1, 4:04pm
Oops so you did.

boby11, Jul 1, 4:06pm
Perhaps a water input filter or main water valve is full of dried up dirt and is now blocking it

ferrit47, Jul 1, 4:13pm
Wheres Pamow when hes needed. He would solve problem for you.

ferrit47, Jul 1, 4:14pm
Have you got the hoses around wrong ( Oppisite Taps)

gpg58, Jul 1, 4:25pm
that hose with box couldn't be put on other way around? ie a non return valve in it.

annies3, Jul 1, 7:51pm
If you talk to the company they may be able to give you some ideas how to sort it.

pamow69, Jul 1, 8:34pm
Hi peas, the box like object on the end near the tap attachment is the inlet valve. It has 2 wires running down inside the hose outer casing. Take the hose off the tap, turn tap on slowly over a bucket to confirm that water is present at tap. Check inlet end of hose, there should be a fine mesh filter in there that may be blocked (new plumbing work sometimes leaves dirt in the pipe) If water is present & filter is not blocked then possibly a faulty inlet valve or more seriously control board is faulty & not turning on the inlet valve. Do you have a multimeter? If you have I can tell you how to check for a faulty inlet valve.

_peas, Jul 1, 9:36pm
Cheers. There is water at the tap. The mesh filter looks like the day it was installed. My wife has also just told me that we have a noticeable drop in water pressure in the shower. I turned the water off at the meter to fit the tap onto the fitting that the plumber screwed off onto the nog. Drained the pressure and removed the blank, fitted tap, turned water back on and we appear to have lower water pressure as a result!? Sounds like it may be more to do with this than fault of our dishwasher itself. which is only 2 years old.

pamow69, Jul 1, 9:51pm
Sounds logical. Low water pressure may not be strong enough to lift the inlet valve off it's seating. Especially if it hasn't been used for a while. The valve rubber seal may be stuck down and more pressure will pop it free, If boosting water pressure doesn't fix it, let me know if you have a multimeter. Testing the valve is simple.

_peas, Jul 1, 10:25pm
We were running a low pressure system before our large reno (when we replaced everything!) and the rest of the system has been fine until I played plumber and turned the water off. Just wondering why the pressure should be so low after I turned the meter off. The meter tap is open full and feel like its working okay. nothing sticky about it. It's got me stuffed and the wifey is not happy with her low pressure showers!

pamow69, Jul 1, 11:20pm
Can't help there. Maybe start a new post and ask for advice from the plumbers that sometimes come on here. Good luck.

pamow69, Jul 1, 11:24pm
Just read your original post again & saw that you changed from low pressure system to high pressure. Was that done by a plumber and did they change the tap fittings? Seem to recall reading somewhere that taps need to be high pressure fittings. Don't know if that means anything or not.

lythande1, Jul 2, 8:10am
Wrong.
Other way around. Can't use mains taps on low pressure.

I'd say it's a restrictor, never mind the mesh, look at the hose connection on the dishwasher itself, bet you anything there is a plastic restrictor on it.
Take it off. you have these filter thingies on your plumbing anyway, duplicating them on appliances is half the issue.

pamow69, Oct 24, 12:55pm
Reading the posts above more carefully will see why you are wrong. The filter on the tap end has been checked by peas and is not blocked. There is no restrictor on the other end on this model. I would of told them if there was. Also, the op states that all taps & shower are showing signs of low pressure. Something has happened to the water supply in to the house to cause that. That is why I suggested he ask advice from a plumber.