Husqvarna rideon mower

bobinnz, Aug 19, 5:40pm
Absolute rubbish 15hrs and the crank shaft broke 76 hrs and it will not start again had for 7yrs worst buy of my life. Briggs and Stratton motors are now made in china. Taking it back tomorrow will let you know the outcome.

sboydnz, Aug 20, 11:39am
Got a 54 inch cut, 26 HP Husqvarna bought it off TM, guy imports them from USA. Great buying, as someone else says, HP mows lawns, DON'T buy a Toy to do a hard days work. Only thing against the big cut mowers is they don't like uneven ground. Ideal size 46 in.

sboydnz, Aug 20, 11:41am
If you broke the crank, after that short of time, you may have hit something while mowing. I have heard of cranks breaking but in all cases the operators ran over branches off trees and such like.

bobinnz, Aug 20, 7:21pm
Sorry, no trees level yard. Just a shitty Briggs and Stratten motor made in China. Would have been better off buying a cub cadet or similar. Wost buy of my life.

bill1451, Aug 20, 7:32pm
club cadet and MTD (minnesota tool & die co) I think they are from the same factory, built to a price, the old adage "ya gets what ya pays for"

bobinnz, Aug 20, 8:23pm
Well I would rather have spent 2grand for rubbish than the 6grand for the crap that I did get. So while in most cases the adage you get what you pay for might be true it was not in my case. Nearly $100 per minute for my piece of crap husqvarna!

serf407, Aug 20, 8:48pm
The husqvarnas have kawasakis on most of them now.
Blades are probably not great for some nz conditions.

bobinnz, Aug 21, 8:00am
That is just a confirmation that they know that the motors they had were rubbish!

supernova2, Aug 21, 9:26pm
How do you break a crank on a rideon? Are they not all belt drive so hitting something shouldn't bend/break the crank.

bobinnz, Aug 22, 7:51am
Real easy if the motor is built in China out of inferior metal.

bobinnz, Aug 24, 9:21am
Sorry have to apologise was not crankshaft WAS camshaft that snapped. Bottom line motor does not work!

bill1451, Nov 20, 9:20pm
most likely you will need tocheck up and see if there is any agent that is prepared to do after sales sevice/warrantys etc, otherwise you could be stuck with a lemon, as the parts that fit these will not be readily available in nz
for US market only

zeepaardje, Nov 20, 9:56pm
I bought one 2 years ago from a guy in Waikanae. Came with 1 year guarantee, but did not need it. Great machine for an excellent price. You can order parts online if you need to. But dealers will probably have them anyway.
I mow my horse paddocks with it. Goes through blackberry also, no problem.

timbo69, Nov 21, 8:55am
I have looked into this a bit more and from what I can see the imported ones are not cheaper at all - I'm just gonna buy a new one locally and have the support if required. just deciding between the TS242 ($4770) and the TS246 ($5220) - 46 vs 42" deck and 18 vs 21.5 HP but basically the same otherwise.

ewanjs, Nov 23, 3:10pm
Got a husquarna and a great machine the one bit of advice i can give is " power mows lawns " go for the most powerful one

desmodave, Nov 24, 4:19pm
OP have you considered craftsman , pretty much the same mowers . Happy with my 22hp 42inch , gets the job done rather quickly .

samanya, Nov 24, 6:57pm
I haven't a clue where my Husky was manufactured, but it goes well, 7 years & one belt plus annual service . & it's done some damned hard work.
Only 'break down' was when I ran out of petrol once!

timbo69, Nov 25, 5:44am
its getting delivered today :-), I paid $5200 for the 46" with 21.5hp - he chucked in the mulch plug (~$120) and is delivering it.

timbo69, Nov 25, 8:16pm
Pretty happy with it, was mowing a paddock (actually) had it on the highest setting, it cut it no problem.

ewanjs, Nov 25, 9:15pm
you wont regret getting the more powerful one i went thru the heart ache of buying cheap lower power mowers and spent many hours repairing them had the 46 inch husqvarna for 3 years has not used a belt the only maintenance has been oil changes

timbo69, Nov 26, 5:38am
hope your right! Its a great machine it has only to prove its reliable.

smallwoods, Feb 7, 10:43am
Some of the Yank mowers have fixed decks, they don't swivel.
Are for green keeper type lawns.
Was looking at them on here and did a google review.