Mower engine size.

geordieboy1, Jan 9, 10:17pm
Im using a rover with a quantum 35 engine which I may need to replace. Whats the equivelent engine size in cc. Dont want to underpower the mower. Thanks.

tdbare, Jan 10, 12:04am
3.5 hp

mitster, Jan 10, 1:58am
Just as cheap to buy a new mower these days than retrofit

-bookzone-, Jan 10, 2:04am
This outfit has good priced mower engines, with free shipping on most models. The 3.5hp Briggs one is only $200, PLUS shipping.

http://www.sesdirect.co.nz/new-equipment/engines/

tmenz, Jan 10, 4:20am
Do yourself a favour - upgrade to Quantum 650 and rip into it!
Several traders sell them.

-bookzone-, Jan 10, 4:45am
Cheaper from my link, only $320, including FREE freight!

geordieboy1, Jan 10, 5:16am
Still havnt got an answer to my original question. Im using a rover with a quantum 35 engine which I may need to replace. Whats the equivelent engine size in cc. Thanks.

-bookzone-, Jan 10, 5:20am
150cc

tmenz, Jan 10, 6:58am
I thought they were 140cc - splitting hairs.

geordieboy1, Jan 10, 7:19am
Thats ok. Now I know is around 150cc so will do some research about whats out there and for what price. Thanks for all your feedback.

sooby, Jan 10, 7:42am
Our latest Masport has 148cc displacement, seems crazy that this engine in a lawn mower is nearly three times the capacity of a 50cc moped/scooter!

On the up side it has grunt for Africa

-bookzone-, Jan 10, 8:42am
That $200 Briggs & Stratton in my earlier post is 148cc, and is a widely used engine on budget priced mowers. It's fine for an average mowing situation. The 650 Briggs is 190cc, and will certainly be powerful enough for most situations.

Unless you're doing something out of the ordinary, mowing-wise, you don't really need to spend time researching, especially price-wise.

cantabman1, Jun 6, 2:11pm
If you can, stick with the Briggs motor. They are a real success story, sell well over 150 million world wide.