Green coffee beans > great brew

rj10, Jan 2, 7:53am
I have found that most commercial roasters will supply you with green beans if you ask them. It is definitely more convenient buying a few kgs of green beans and roasting them when required as opposed to going into town, or onto the net, to pick up roasted beans.Coffee is really easy to roast

bluesurge, Jan 2, 7:55pm
who is Sandra!

oh_hunnihunni, Jan 2, 9:10pm
A civet is a cat dude. You need a siamese. Tell you what, send me the beans, I'll get Pansy to process them for you and I'll send you her product. Seeing it's you, I'll give you mate's rates.

the-lada-dude, Jan 3, 12:25am
who roasts coffee beans in the Tauranga area !

skipper42, Jan 3, 1:28pm
Just use a cheap pop corn maker for roasting the beans. Roasts by circulating hot air around the beans. Do it outside as the smell can be quite strong

the-lada-dude, Jan 3, 7:21pm
hey that's a good idea,when i asked if anyone roasts coffee in tauranga, i was thinking of a commercial place that would sell green beans.

eljayv, Jan 3, 10:16pm
That gives a whole new meaning to sh-t coffee

skipper42, Jan 3, 10:27pm
you can buy green coffee beans on TM. There are a few suppliers and a great range available. I used to do my own, but found I was drinking toooo much coffee :-)

schnauzer11, Jan 3, 10:32pm
I was kinda wondering,too.

wunderbar2, Jan 4, 4:32am
Sandrarunsthe Green Bean. Been buying coffee from here for the last24-36 month - brilliant service and fast -get one of those sampler packs from them first and find out what sort of coffee you actually like . there are heaps of diffrent ones around and each one taste different.
Listing #: 547686908

the-lada-dude, Dec 16, 7:50pm
thinking about buying green beans > roasting > grinding > brewing a cuppa!esp in a short time frame. would this give the best cuppa coffee !
any suggestions on best place to purchase beans etc

spacekids, Dec 16, 10:26pm
Can`t help but sounds like fun. Good luck!

strebor1, Dec 17, 8:38am
Well we buy green beans from the Trade Aid shop in Ponsonby. Hubby roasts them in a wok on top of our Barbie, the coffee we make is amazing. Not all Trade Aid shops sell green beans, but Iguess you could ask at yours and see.

wunderbar2, Dec 18, 12:19am
Been roasting beans for the last 2 years +.Once you start you never buy coffee from a supermarket gain !. here is my suggestion - buy yourselfsay 10 diffrent sorts of beans , Colombian/ Kenya / Brazilian / and so on . Just 50- 100g packs will do . Then roast them( some to a ligth brown - some a bit darker - and somepretty dark -( the beanswill taste diffrent , depending how long you roast them )then you will findthat certain types of coffeetaste good - and othersnot so good .then the next step isto just buy the beans you like - and once you get really good at it - you can start mixing and blending your coffeeand get it exactly the way you want it .have fun

the-lada-dude, Dec 18, 2:25am
Ta wunderbar2,where do you source your beans !

wunderbar2, Dec 18, 6:03am
Go and get them from Sandra:order it on a Monday - and they are on your doorthe next day ! ( been using them for 2 years + and highly recomend them to anyone ( actually i just got 5kg form them today delivered ) = I call it X-mass supply.get the sampler pack and start experimenting - just do it outside ! and watch a few U-tube movies on how to do it - I still use a old pot and a simple whisk andsmal gass cooker ( but do it outside ! and ones they are ready take them off the flame straight away - and cool them down - dont leave them in the pototherwise they burn --- there is nothing worse than a burnt coffee bean in your coffee ! - Also remember you dont need any fancy coffee making stuff - its a waist of money - just a whisk / a pot - and a 60$ coffee grinder and thats all you need to make pretty good coffee ! have funand tell Sandra , the solar guy send you .

tamsim, Dec 18, 6:50am
i've heard you can do it with a dog bowl and a heat gun.

argentum47, Dec 18, 11:50pm
A much better way is to use a candle - & flick the beans though the flame untill roasted- May take a whilebut that works too

bugin, Dec 19, 7:32am
I like the Thai civet flavour ,so I feed mine to my pet possum and sift the turds to get the beans to roast after that.

bugin, Dec 21, 7:58am
Am I not even going to get a reaction ! Are you asleep

the-lada-dude, Dec 26, 6:54am
NO !just not in the mood