Movng house

biggal, May 19, 3:09pm
If moving house, what kitchen and laundry items.(appliances etc) would I be expected to leave behind.
TIA

maclad, May 19, 3:24pm
As far as I know, unless you have agreed to something else, you only need to leave fixed items, like carpet, drapes,tho they are removable,extractor fans, rangehoods, and the stove top and oven. The washing machine and drier are yours. You can even take plants from the garden if those plants are mentioned and identified prior.

cinderellagowns, May 19, 4:05pm
It should be specified in your sales agreement. Make sure you understand what you can and can't take. It's pretty much as maclad outlined above in a standard agreement, but you really need to understand and adhere to what is in YOUR agreement. And definitely don't go taking plants out of the garden unless you have specifically excluded them from the sale.

biggal, May 19, 4:25pm
Thanks you two. What about the dish washer?

buzz123, May 19, 4:32pm
I think that a d/w would be assumed to stay with the house unless it is listed as part of chattels that are not for sale.
Our current house (luckily) had the dishwasher not listed with curtains, carpets etc - on one of our visits prior to purchase we had heard it going (very noisy) so were qite relieved we could get our own.

oh_hunnihunni, May 19, 4:47pm
Never forget our first ever home, in Taupo. It was a rambling old rental with a circular drive, we were so looking forward to it. Tenants got notice and moved out and we showed up on moving day to find all the driveway edgings had been torn up and removed. It was a big drive too.

Lesson learned.

gabbysnana, May 19, 5:38pm
read that binding agreement you signed about page 12 or so, where it says chattels you have sold with your house. If in doubt talk to your listing agent. If you are from the uk, then no you dont leave everything behind, but also cant take the stove.

lythande1, May 20, 7:55am
Nothing except the oven. And generally it's listed in the sale agreement anyway.

colin433, May 27, 11:38am
different agents have different ideas.
We listed our house, and had only recently bought a dishwasher, so I hoped to take it with us. it was not fitted in, just freestanding, and plumbed. The agent said if prospective buyers saw the d/w they would expect to see it when they moved in. Listing it as one of the items not included in the sale would also present difficulties
We ended up not selling (good idea) and the d/w is now a few years old and we would leave it behind and buy new if a new house did not have one.
Really it all depends on what is in the new house
I once bought a new stove, then sold the house. I had an electrician go into the 'new' house and remove the stove, transport it to the 'old' house and install it, then back to the 'new' house to install new stove there.
It might sound complicated, but I had purchased a very good stove, not expecting to be on the move, and I wanted to keep it. There were no repercussions over it.

dabo, Nov 4, 5:01pm
You can’t actually do swaps of appliances what is in the house when the people look round and signed sale and purchase agreement has to be the same appliances that are in the house when they move in. Very often appliances are featured in the sales photos or when we bought my son took a heap of photographs. You may get away with doing swaps but the buyers are quite entitled to call you on it and ask for the identical article there or for a financial settlement . A friend had an entitle roller garage door that was on the property when they bought it swapped out and a wooden door put in its place. Her lawyers were pretty quick to sort that one out!