Kitchen splashback is it possible to use lino?

glenleigh, Feb 1, 4:25pm
Want to upgrade small kitchen and wondered if anyone has used lino as the splash back for the kitchen sink. Have seen a lino with just the pattern I would like to use.

budgel, Feb 1, 4:31pm
You can use anything you like, I think you would be using vinyl, lino is so last century! Think through what is going to be fitted around the edges, if anything.

glenleigh, Feb 1, 4:35pm
Thank you budgel, obviously showing my age with lino. LOL.

trade4us2, Feb 1, 5:39pm
Vinyl might be OK. You could stick it on with Ados.
I was going to put tiles on.

rainrain1, Feb 1, 5:44pm
Yes, but why would you want to? I have a serious think about that if I were you

gunhand, Feb 1, 6:32pm
You can, I did, fools many , looks good and works just fine.

hammer23, Feb 1, 7:33pm
One of the best bench tops I have seen was done with vinyl, looked great and folded nicely over edges and up the wall. It also stood up to damage as well as a laminated top. A professional lino layer did the job and I would have given him 10/10.

shanreagh, Feb 1, 8:19pm
I have just been housesitting in a house that had a big laundry splashback and laundry bench done in vinyl. Very neat edgings, looked as if they had been heat set or similar and the corners were mitred underneath and looked fabulous. So good that I am using some vinyl as a splashback in my bathroom. This was professionally done as well, lasted through 8 years so far and three while in a rental situation.

chas, Feb 1, 9:19pm
Retired vinyl layer and had put vinyl on walls and splasback on last house I owned. no problems . but don’t use adios glue as will stain it in time.

kiwimade64, Feb 2, 11:30am
I never thought of that!

carter19, Feb 2, 9:35pm
The only exceptions apply where there is a gas hob. Then you must have something heatproof

junie2, Feb 2, 9:41pm
Can you explain why? I quite like the idea too, but obviously you see issues?

trade4us2, Feb 3, 10:31am
I think vinyl would be better than the paint that I already have on my wall.
I don't believe that Ados will stain the vinyl. I have glued 2 metres x 4 metres of vinyl to half a bathroom wall with no problems. The trick is to glue half of it at a time.

chas, Feb 3, 6:38pm
Ok trade4us2 sounds you know best ? though if it’s 2mm commercial vinyl that’s ok to use Ados. but why would u use ados instead of the correct glue which is easier to use. This is domestic vinyl I presume the messages are about.

trade4us2, Feb 3, 9:05pm
I am no expert on vinyl, but the glue for a floor doesn't stick very well, so for a wall I used Ados.

chas, Feb 3, 10:59pm
x1
If u have a notched trowel it’s easy enough. Ados won’t stain straight away but hope it’s ok for you. Similar if u patch floor with fibreglass which a lot people do and a nice red glow appears in about 6 months time. but good luck.

trade4us2, Jan 2, 5:54pm
I'm talking about Ados F2. There are many other Ados products.
I can't see any claims that it stains. Surely dry Ados would not seep through vinyl of any thickness.