How to make 1-hour weedkiller?

billyfieldman, Apr 30, 9:16am
It's very frustrating to wait 2 to 3 weeks before knowing if spraying with glyphosate works. Then sometimes after that long wait, have to do a second re-spray.

I saw this stuff that says it works in 1-hour but more expensive. The active ingredient is also glyphosate. So it looks like it is possible to get glyphosate to work within a shorter time.

Anyone knows a DIY "recipe" that show results hours or a few days?

https://www.mitre10.co.nz/shop/yates-zero-zero-rapid-weedkiller-3-litre/p/250065

rusty-bones, Apr 30, 1:36pm
Interesting. I have seen this on the shelf and haven't taken much notice. I think it comes in a concentrated bottle to, might be cheaper that way. And it says rain proof.

leabourns, Apr 30, 1:39pm
Very potent smell and makes a very small quantity for the price.

gpg58, Apr 30, 1:57pm

inatiz, Apr 30, 2:15pm
Wet and Forget have 'hitman' 2litres - ready to use - for $24.95 - works in 2 hours. Works out similar price as the one from mitre 10, taking into consideration that you get 3L with that.

gpg58, Apr 30, 2:27pm
this site (lupinsys.com)has the data sheets for all their products, go to last page(23) for yates zero products.
https://tinyurl.com/yb2h3l2b

The glyphosate concentration and other additives varies between different versions.

inatiz, Apr 30, 4:06pm
Are you aware that you can get this 3L ready to use weedkiller for $29.80 from Bunnings and the refill, also 3L but without the sprayer, $14.98. I think I will give this a try myself.

oh_hunnihunni, Apr 30, 4:30pm
Boiling water works immediately.

gabbysnana, Apr 30, 6:35pm
Eden from bunnings, potent.

pauldw, Apr 30, 7:48pm
It kills a the leaves above ground but the root system might survive. Same with fast acting weed killer, the plant has to take the weedkiller into the root system for the kill to be permanent.

cantabman1, May 1, 8:54am
Bloody expensive, just to kill weeds, gees, I get cheap weed killer from garage sales for a $1 or two. I'm to mean to spend $30 just to get rid of weeds that will come back.
Just did the McGregors spray thing two odd weeks ago, and it is only now showing the signs.

daves01, May 1, 9:30am
Are you worried about the areas that you've missed and then requires a respray to get it all? If so why not just use a marker dye in your mix?

billyfieldman, May 3, 12:11pm
When I saw glycol, my first thought was anti-freeze which I have some in my garage.

billyfieldman, May 3, 12:16pm
Yes true. Too expensive. Which was why I am hoping to find out what to add to plain cheap glyphosate to make it work like this expensive one.

billyfieldman, May 3, 12:20pm
No. Just that it takes too long to work. Up to 3 weeks. This 1-hr stuff added something that made plain glyphosate become some super weed killer.

gpg58, Nov 16, 6:53am
Worth a try, let us know how it goes.