L G Dishwasher not filling

cantabman1, Nov 18, 9:55am
Although I know a little about appliances in general, our machine has suddenly decided not to fill with water for cycle to begin, and comes up after several attempts fail,beeping and stop.
The machine is probably 10 yrs old, any thoughts from a serviceman, or do i just biff it and buy another machine.

androth2, Nov 18, 10:00am
have you checked water suppy is on and the filter not blocked

pauldw, Nov 18, 10:50am
Dishwashers usually have to empty some water before filling. Check nothing is blocking that as well.

pamow69, Nov 18, 11:53am
First check water supply. Take hose off tap & hold jug or container under tap & slowly turn on to make sure water is there. Check if any filter in end of hose and it is not blocked. Run dishwasher & listen. Does it run the drain pump for approx. 30 secs at start then after pump stops it should fill. If no fill then it could be a faulty inlet valve or a problem with the control board.

cantabman1, Nov 20, 8:37am
I think it is a faulty inlet valve, it is just plumbed to cold water. I spent $300 on the machine 3 yrs ago and think it maybe time to just replace it.
I don't see the LG brand listed anymore so will find a cheap and cheerful brand from somewhere like Smiths City.

supernova2, Nov 20, 10:39am
We had a LG and it died. Now got a Samsung but it's knocking the clothing about a bit.

Looks like LG are still available but from where? Ah - Harvey Norman.
Want cheap - what about these? https://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/c/home-garden/home-appliances/whiteware#prefn1=subclassCode&prefv1=Washing%20Machines

sanders4, Nov 20, 6:34pm
Some LG dishwashers have a valve on the inlet pipe to prevent flooding - our machine had to have this replaced as it failed to allow water in to the tank and of course no water no work. After 10 years and other repair costs then one can say Life is not Good and maybe look for a cheaper alternative!

cantabman1, Nov 21, 7:30am
It all looks very good thank you, but i need a dishwasher not washing machine.
The gold card mailer arrived yesterday, and Noel Leeming are offering Cost plus 5% to members until Dec !st, that will do me!

docsportello, Nov 21, 8:10am
Sounds like life isn’t so good with LG afterall.

supernova2, Feb 9, 6:12pm
You mean you don't do your dishes in a washing machine? What a strange fellow you must be. LOL