Gas Central Heating

robs, Feb 10, 6:07pm
What are typical running costs for Brivis please? Please describe the number of vents etc so I have an idea.

roganstant, Oct 16, 6:06am
Just wondering who has Gas central Heating.
What system have you got and are you happy with the performance/ reliability etc. Cheers

russ18, Oct 16, 7:06am
We put in a Braemar ducted gas central heating system, it's separated into 4 zones each with its own controller so it's much cheaper to run because you only heat the areas you want heated up to the individual temperatures you want so also you can put all the heat into one area e.g. we can have 23Kw of heat going just into our lounge, makes for quick warm up!

l8apex, Oct 16, 7:44am
We bought a house with a Brivis system. Possibly installed in the late '90s. It isn't zoned bit is incredible for heating the house. Highly recommend it as a way of warming your house. A different heat to a pump or heater. It makes air warmth more uniform.

koru67, Oct 16, 8:14am
Brivis here too. We had it installed 6 years ago. No zones required in our little house. It is fantastic, the house is cosy from one end to the other.

roganstant, Oct 16, 8:46am
Thanks people. Has anyone got a Bonaire ducted system?

clareo, Oct 16, 7:47pm
Another vote for Braemar - we reckon the best money spent on our house!

magic9, Oct 24, 1:39am
Does anyone know what type of ducting (size & resistance wise) the braemar's use? I imported a 6star of Australia a while ago and thought i would run the ducting myself to save a bit of cash however can't find an installation guide or specs anywhere on the internet

martin11, Oct 24, 1:50am
Probably has to be installed and certified by a nz registered gas appliance fitter to comply and have insurance cover should anything go wrong .

magic9, Oct 24, 2:22am
Surly laying the ducting out, and making the ceiling outlets should be a DIY task?

russ18, Oct 24, 2:50am
It kind of works by each time the duct branches off it drops down a size . but not always, although this is the simplest way to do a design.

e.g. from the furnace duct could be 12", then splits into 2 x 10" then 4 x 8" then 8 x 6" for your outlets but there are many other options of branching and you could start with 14" duct for more outlets of if some are 8" instead of 6"
It would be much easier to pay someone who knows what they're doing and what options are available to design the system for you, check your positioning of the furnace is ok and do the gas & flue.

magic9, Jul 6, 5:24am
Awesome, thanks