Cut Flowers in Vege Garden.

rosejenny38, Sep 19, 11:34pm
I have a built-up vege garden which is really too big for our needs. I love flowers in the house and I was wondering which annuals are great for cut flowers. Bunnings have cheap $1.30 punnets and I will plant them in amongst the beans, lettuce, silver beet etc when the weather is a bit warmer. Thanks for any ideas.

lythande1, Sep 20, 12:23am
Freesias!
Doesn't have to be an annual. why not pinks or some such in there too? I have some flowers (not annuals) and herbs in my grapevine garden, they co-exist happily.

paora-tm, Sep 20, 5:25am
Do you get much to choose from at Bunnings, Mitre 10 or The Warehouse? You could try Dahlias, Marigolds, Statice and Zinnias.

summersunnz, Sep 20, 11:38am
Try perennials too. flowers every year. and you can use companion plants that deter bugs from your veges. marigolds, nasturtium, calendula, lavender etc.

bluefrog2, Sep 21, 9:45pm
Flowering bulbs. You can dig up the bulbs if you ever need that patch for veges again. Dahlias and chrysanthemum make good cut flowers too. If you need to move them, just dig up the tuber or root mass and transfer to a pot.

maclad, Sep 23, 9:41am
Bells of Ireland, Canterbury Bells, dahlias, delphinium, foxgloves,perennial sunflowers.gladioli, gypsophylla,lillies, statice, strawflowers, irises of all varieties. Trying to think here of long stemmed varieties for a vase. Does not have to be annuals, many perennials are great in a vase.