Hydrangeas. Movedhouse recently and moving steps will need to move cut out hydrangeas can i just dig out and transplant thanks

scotnz, Apr 22, 9:33pm
Movedhouse recently and moving steps. Will need to move/ cut out hydrangeas. Can I just dig out and transplant!
Thanks

pengy2, Apr 22, 9:52pm
I have been doing just that-very successfully. I think it is advised to wait until winter but I moved some of my larger ones, gave them a light prune, dug up the rootball and dragged to new position. Kept watering them regularly .and they are fine. Also have cuttings, taken over a month ago, and they are looking good with shoots.

harrislucinda, Apr 22, 10:35pm
i woulddothesameaspengy2

budgel, Apr 24, 10:03pm
It is a shame to dig out a plant that is well established, particularly if it was there when the house was sold.

Hydrangeas are one of the easiest plants to grow from cuttings, why not take cuttings, that way both properties benefit from them. they grow really fast.

scotnz, May 16, 9:59am
Thanks Budgel, at new house. Need to dig it out to put in steps to deck, will move round back of house. As you say shame to lose established plant so will try the transplant.