Hydrangeas. My hydrangeas are looking a little sad small flowerswould it be ok to give them some food now if i water it in wella

matthews4, Jan 2, 7:00am
Mine are looking great - seem to have some different colours to usual.I never feed them, just cut them back once a year, to about a foot from the ground, above a bud.Come back the about 4' high or more each year.I planted them up our long drive under the trees, and they do really well.

carter441, Dec 29, 11:22pm
My hydrangeas are looking a little sad (small flowers).Would it be ok to give them some food now if I water it in well!Any thoughts!

stevee6, Dec 30, 12:27am
Some are still just budding so the flowers look small. As long as they're not in harsh sunlight and are getting plenty of water, be patient. You could give them a liquid feed if you like.

tehenga288, Dec 30, 4:14am
Haven't ever given mine anything ever and the flower heads on some are huge this year - the size of a basket ball. Just that some species are bigger than others - my white ones aren't so big.

carter441, Jul 10, 11:41pm
Thank you people.Hmm, I did wonder if they were perhaps a bit thirsty!We've had plenty of rain now, so I might just give them a bit of liquid feed.