Camellia trees? Where in Wellington

tigertm, Jul 7, 10:17am
Where in Wellington can I buy camellia trees, which will grow to 2.5 meters? I would like to buy ones which are about a meter high or there about, how much would they sell for. I was wondering if Calafornia Garden Centre in Mirimar might sell large Camellias'? Is anyone out there able to help me?

piquant, Jul 7, 10:24am
There are loads of differing sizes of camellias available. Depending upon the cultivar as to what height, width they grow to. Several of the normal grade would be nigh on a metre, but not particularly full. Then there are the advanced grades, which have been grown on in special bags and could be up to several years old. Of course, you get what you pay for and some of these larger grades could be anything from about $70 odd to probably about $180 ish. Big difference.

jmma, Jul 7, 11:00am

tigertm, Jul 7, 11:41am
Which garden centres have the large size for sale? Checked Leacroft but they are small size.

tigertm, Jul 7, 7:17pm
Can anyone help with this question this morning? Thank you!

russ18, Jul 7, 7:46pm
Moores Valley plant nursery if you're up for a drive to the nui.

thejewellerybox, Jul 7, 8:01pm
Twiglands in Johnsonville had a lot of big camellias in on sunday. Very nice.

annies3, Jul 7, 8:12pm
Piquant, I wonder if you could name a sasanqua (sp) camellia I have flowering over winter, it is beautifully fragrant, with double creamy white blooms.
We bought a whole lot of tiny plants about 10 years ago and they were unnamed very cheap just a couple of leaves on them, so worth it for this particular shrub, the native birds come to it for the nectar.
I would so love to know which one it is.

tigertm, Jul 8, 9:10am
Thank you 'thejewellerybox' a visit to Twigland's was perfect, I found two very nice good sized camellias and with 20% off in their winter sale.

piquant, Jul 8, 11:15am
I know you all like to think I know lots about everything (which I don't!) but I'm not psychic, you know - a picture ALWAYS helps!

annies3, Jul 8, 8:49pm
Yes I suppose it does, however we were at a funeral yesterday and I will try to get one shortly thanks very much.

annies3, Jul 8, 9:41pm
https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/395787063.jpg
This is the one, I love this one, it is near our dinning room window so it is beautiful to watch the birds feasting off it, and the fragrance is gorgeous.
Edited to add the wind is blowing hard and freezing cold too, so I had to hold it still.

thejewellerybox, Jul 9, 3:52am
Great results! Which camellias did you choose? Always hard deciding!

tigertm, Nov 11, 4:45pm
Hi All,

I choose x3 Camellia all 'Dream Boat', Twigland's had an amazing selection, a good height, healthy, well shaped and priced with a 20% discount. Thank you for your help with this. They are now happy in the garden!