'Reasonably' priced fruit trees

accroul, Jun 3, 8:19pm
Anyone know where?

I'm looking to start a bit of an orchard at work (kindergarten) but can't afford to spend $30-60 per tree.

juliewn, Jun 4, 2:17am
Hi. you've asked in the right place. :-) so cool that you're creating an orchard in a Kindy :-)

Would you like a golden queen peach seedling tree - they grow true-to-type when grown from a stone - this is from fruit that have dropped beneath my tree and have grown from there. Also, green - 'Niagara' and purple 'Albany Surprise' Grape cuttings, fig cuttings. for all of these,,once they've lost their leaves will be best - a few weeks away.
There are also raspberry canes, thornless blackberry cuttings, alpine strawberries. if those would be of help too.

All for free. just the cost of postage.

Let me know here. I think they would go for $5.50. if this suits you, I can set up a $5.50 auction to make contact. Hope this is of help. :-)

accroul, Jun 4, 3:10am
The Golden Queen peach would be fantastic! Please go ahead & set up the auction - thanks so much.

mkbooks, Jun 4, 3:55am
Great idea, there's a kids playground near Hobsonville that has lots of fruit trees there
Take anything offered, some will grow, some may not do so well

juliewn, Jun 4, 8:45am
Hi Accroul. just started a listing just for the $5.50 posting cost.
Listing #: 897757729

You're welcome to all of the young trees, cuttings and plants I've offered above.
It's stormy here currently, and with leaves still on some of the tree's, I'll wait until they've fallen to send them - will email you in advance to make sure the timing suits with you before sending the parcel.
Hope they'll help with starting the Kindy orchard :-)
Julie

accroul, Dec 23, 2:06pm
Need more info on location please mkbooks. I can shoot over during the holidays & have a nosey.