Whats the name of that purple flowering tree/shrub

nanna-hill, Dec 1, 11:11pm
that the monarchs like! Budlea or something! and does it grow from cuttings! Grateful for any replies thanks.

mothergoose_nz, Dec 1, 11:24pm
it isbuddleia. it is also a pest. dont know if that is just in some areas.comes in white as well

harrislucinda, Dec 2, 1:44am
verywoodystemnotsureif f cuttingwouldworkbitlatenowIhavehavebothcolourtrees

linette1, Dec 3, 2:09am
Right mothergoose it is under restrictions in Nelson and maybe is,orshould be nationwide.
Biosecurity Act Requirement.
No person shall knowingly sell, propagate, breed, release, or commercially display Buddleia, under Sections 52 and 53 of the Act

dibble35, Dec 3, 3:06am
Its really easy to take from cuttings. I dont think all varieties of buddlia are a pest, just check on your local council! DOC! website for which ones are.

lalbagh, Dec 3, 5:29am
Plant nazis taking over again.

lmwheeler, Dec 4, 6:16am
whoops - another pest I have accidentally propagated - just one plant from one cutting though.

lemming2, Dec 6, 2:36am
Believe me, this isn't Plant Nazis. I agree, it's a lovely thing especially covered in butterflies in Summer, but it can do real takeover stuff from seed, from discarded prunings, etc. Not as bad as Morning Glory or Old Man's Beard or agapanthus, but why let it get that bad! Let's stop it early.

milkybar4, Dec 6, 6:48am
i think they grow fairly easy from seeds cause they come up everywhere here. i've got one that i found as a seedling and planted. if you drive down barbadoes street they are growing in all the empty sections where the seeds have come up. just pinch one from one of them : )