Rhododendron flowering now

angelah1, Apr 8, 9:54am
usually it flowers in October. Will I get a full crop again at the usual time of year?

samanya, Apr 8, 11:03pm
I don't know but I have one with a few flowers on as well . strange, huh?

rusty-bones, Apr 9, 5:34am
Yes I just brought a couple to plant and they have heaps of buds on them. When do the usually, October? Or twice a year?

samanya, Apr 9, 8:34am
Mine don't usually flower until early spring & then in stages . they never flower al at once . hell, if they did my garden would be magnificent, for a few weeks.

angelah1, Apr 10, 12:51am
yeah mine are usually spring

read-a-holic, Nov 2, 9:23am
I have a scarlet rhodoendron that is flowering beautifully right now but some of its leaves are looking sick (slight grey colour to them the others are dark green) it looks burnt to me but the rest of the plant looks very healthy, new growth and abundance of flowers, are rhodo's prone to damage to the leaves? if so how do I fix it?

bluefrog2, Nov 3, 12:52am
I think they bloom based on seasonal temperature. Did you have a coolish October?
As far as I know, it shouldn't affect next year's flowering. Rhodo's seem to flower better if you add some acid fertiliser, so toss some around the roots after flowering is done for next season's flowers. I only fertilise once a year.

wheelz, Aug 11, 6:49am
read- aholic.
I see a lot of Rhodos with this damage. Thrips is the usual culprit.
Check out this site, they are well known for their Rhodo gardens.
http://jury.co.nz/tag/silver-leaves-on-rhododendrons/