Garage door openers

ayjay1, Jul 11, 10:24am
My garage door opener is doing strange things on frosty mornings. It opes to about a meter off the floor and stops. Other times it wont close properly.
Any other morning it works well. It is a Dominator opener.
Any suggestions to sort out my problem would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

arielbooks, Jul 11, 10:43pm
Might need a new battery

captaingraham, Jul 11, 11:02pm
Try a bit of oil on all hinges and roller axles. Maybe on the chain as well.

smokeyu, Jul 11, 11:48pm
Try Turning it off at the wall where its plugged in and then back on again.

tweake, Jul 12, 12:59am
what sort of door?

more than likely its just the grease/dirt on the chain and door guides is sticker when cold and its putting to much load on the door opener.

grease chains and lube slides (not with oil/grease as this will hold dirt. lanox was recommended to me)

ayjay1, Jul 12, 9:07am
Thanks for your help. The tracks have grease on them so I will clean this off
and find a better lubricant and do the other things you mentioned and see what happens. Roll on summer.

trade4us2, Jul 12, 9:11am
Pull the cord to detach the door from the motor, then push the door up and down by hand to see where it's sticking. Maybe the track is damaged or needs cleaning.
http://www.dominator.co.nz/content/?id=370
It says do not use grease or oil on the guide tracks

kandjaja, Jul 12, 10:03pm
Silicon spray is the best lubricant. It dries and forms a film,so dirt and grit wont stick to it. I'm a tech for garador and we see a lot of this issue. The cold weather is the usual cause, however if its a sectional door, the torsion springs may need adjusting.

dsdee, Nov 23, 5:49pm
Have you done a reset?. we have a dominator and this needs to be reset every winter to cope with the extra weight of a frost laden door.
1 turn off power switch
2 find and press reset button on the back of unit.
3 turn power on and wait while the door goes through the process ( may open and close several times )
then you should be good to go