Karcher window vac/cleaner thingy

Page 2 / 2
jag5, Aug 10, 10:31am
Love it. borrowed a friends and now miss it like crazy. can't wait to get my own.

Never clean windows while the sun is on them. and keep the blade clean

I found with condensation. 5 minutes of a morning and all windows done. brilliant

rojill, Aug 10, 10:45am
Here's the Scotsmans way

Dilute a 1/2 cup of Auto dish washer powder in 5 litres warm water.
Add1/4 cup of Finish dishwasher rinse aid.
Mix well
Use soft floor broom soaked in the liquid to wash exterior windows.
Use light spray of water from garden hose to rinse window down.
Leaves windows sparklingly clear, as clear as you would expect your glassware to be if cycled through a dishwasher.
Do the same on the insides but use a small towel soaked in the liquid to wash the glass and a very wet soft towel to rinse, Use a blade to remove excess.
Have fun.

matthews4, Aug 12, 10:09pm
After reading this, I bought a Karcher window cleaner, and love it. Great for condensation on ranchslider in our room, glass door by bath, and bathroom mirror. So easy. Have yet to clean windows, as had recently cleaned our 9 ranchsliders. Will just use for insides, as use bucket and soft broom outside, then hose off. Will be great for our 'glasshouse' window in the kitchen - going to do that today, it is so hard to clean as I have to get in it, to do it.

matthews4, Aug 14, 1:41am
Well, cleaned the kitchen glasshouse window, inside and out, with Karcher, and it is the cleanest looking it has ever looked in the nearly 17 years we have lived there, and easily done.

happymullen, Aug 23, 8:08am
Matthews4, did you use extra water/spray as recommended above? That's a huge amount of glass to clean, I/m glad you got the Karcher technique sorted!

matthews4, Aug 23, 8:18am
Hi, Happy, No do not use extra water, didn't need too. I only used half of yellow cleaner to water, and it seems to be plenty. my glasshouse window had lots of marks on the outside (even tho it is on deck, under novaroof) and it looks great. Also, glass door on bath/shower looks good, with just a wipe off with the blade. I rinse the blade under the tap before I use it. Will also try vinegar spray with it sometime, sure that will be fine. So easy to use, compared to rags, etc. Just empty it when water tank full.

biggles45, Aug 23, 8:32am
I wasn't impressed either, mine now sits in the laundry cupboard gathering dust and I do the windows the old fashioned way! We don't get condensation so only bought it for cleaning windows!

blairhs, Aug 23, 8:33pm
Isn't that what Trademe is for lol.

tigra, Aug 23, 10:45pm
What? Trade Me cleans windows as well?

lizzi_mc, Aug 23, 10:53pm
I absolutely love my window vac - don't have a bad word to say about it (except maybe the battery could last a bit longer :-) )

matthews4, Aug 24, 7:58am
Biggles, perhaps you need to have another try - or onsell. I am so glad I bought one - even HB likes it. Gave 2 friends a demo today, and they thought it was great, and so easy. Have not had to recharge batter yet, lizzi, and have used quite a few times - must be due to run out.

biggles45, Aug 24, 8:09am
I probably should give it another go! Since so many people like theirs I guess it's probably just about getting used to it and getting the technique right!

matthews4, Aug 26, 8:15am
Today I cleaned our dirty car - washed it down, and hosed it, decided to try Karcher blade for outside windows - was great. Then decided to do inside front window - a Toyota Estima Elucio, with a big front window - hard to clean usually, and was so easy with Karcher spray washer, then blade. So another easy use. Will use it on our motorhome next, another lot of windows I hate cleaning. Delighted I read posts on here, and got one.

tillsbury, Nov 25, 2:55pm
Also works great on the paintwork instead of a chamois.