Karcher window vac/cleaner thingy

Page 1 / 2
happymullen, Mar 26, 9:21pm
So excited cos I have been meaning to buy one for ages, HOWEVER. not that impressed! Must be my technique, cos I have ended up with drag marks and you can see the tracks from the rubbery blade thing. Went over the windows after with white vinegar and elbow grease with microfibre cloth. Bit disappointed really. Anybody got some hints to make me fall in love with it?

tigra, Mar 26, 9:25pm
Lesson No 1 about overpromoted products on TV. Wait till someone else buys one and try it first.

happymullen, Mar 26, 9:30pm
Hmmm,, I'm not usually a sucker for those products, but only comments I could find on here about them were positive and got me excited (sad eh!).

needy, Mar 26, 9:51pm
I love mine. you need to make sure your windows are quite wet. So squirt lots of water the slowly wipe the blade down and dry the blade each time with a cloth. My windows have never looked better

needy, Mar 26, 9:52pm
Sorry wash with washer but they must be left wet before you blade them

happymullen, Mar 26, 10:30pm
Thanks, seems to have made a better job of them. Now I don't want to put it down, off to do the car windows!

rsr72, Mar 27, 3:08am
The Karcher is very overpriced compared to all other makes and best to use vacs on inside windows only.

red2, Mar 27, 5:28am
I find it fantastic

lynken37, Mar 27, 5:38am
I love mine, have never had a problem with streaks.

harrislucinda, Mar 27, 6:05am
I love mine but do have a spray bottle of water to apply after I have washed with cleaner makes the window more moist so easy to vac off Leaves no streaks Windows still sparkling after a few weeks of doing

happymullen, Mar 27, 6:37am
I think my problem was the sun shinning on the windows, meaning the cleaner product dried sooo quickly. However still not that impressed with it. I think it will be great to vac up the winter condensation though.

tillsbury, Mar 27, 7:09am
Yes, I agree, but they're not heavily TV advertised which is why they work. I was surprised how well they worked, actually. Obviously you don't need to use the Karcher cleaning fluid, just get the big commercial glass cleaner stuff and refill with that.

timazgirl, Mar 31, 9:09am
Love my Karcher too. My mother in law told me never to clean the windows on a sunny day as they dry too quickly and smear and I think it still applies to the vacuum as well. I just do mine when the sun isn't on them and it works perfectly. Hate to say it - but maybe just more practice. Have fun !

eljayv, Mar 31, 7:44pm
Great for shower walls too!

harrislucinda, Mar 31, 7:59pm
try my tread 10 I have a just water spray bottle and after washing with spray cleaner I moisten more no smears

karakagranny, Apr 2, 8:15am
I mix white vinegar with water and spray on quite a bit till its really running wet and use my karcher to wipe it up. Works fantastically. I have found that once you start a wipe with the Karcher, you have to keep going till you get to the other side of the window, dont lift it off half way across or you will get a smear mark

maynard9, Apr 2, 9:03am
I wouldn't be without mine. First time in my long life of being a home owner that I have looked forward to cleaning windows.

rich1969, Apr 3, 4:46am
Yep no problems here, love it

haverstock1, Jul 11, 4:58am
We get a lot of condensation on cold mornings. Will it work OK? Using a squgee and a chamois cloth sort of works but takes time.

deanna14, Jul 12, 5:46am
I do the same with hot water and vinegar.

deanna14, Jul 12, 5:47am
Excellent for that and SO quick.

mandy1971, Aug 9, 1:05am
Love mine, highly recommend

filmstar2, Aug 9, 6:07am
Love mine also

queenmaeb, Aug 9, 6:44am
Make sure you keep your blade clean. Mine had picked up cat fur (sigh!) and left streaks.

imagine4, Aug 9, 8:08am
I had tht problem to watching with interest