Cost of painting a roof

Page 2 / 2
fpress, Nov 5, 9:00am
LOL,,,,skin1235. complete crack up. ROFL!

buddytom, Nov 5, 7:56pm
And it was,

golfdiver, Nov 6, 5:19am
A "brushed on " job for under $1000 wasn't done a by a professional. He might have charged you but that doesn't make him a pro. Did he moss spray a week earlier at least? Waterblast? Replace most nailing? Use scaffold as required by law? Add GST? If your unit is 90m2 then the roof is likely to be 125m2.

dansac, Nov 7, 12:08am
I have had quotes in the last few weeks to paint my roof and garage roof, House is two storied, roof is very high pitched, last time it was painted they used absailing gear, dormer windows coming out of the roof, 9 gullies, that I can quickly think of.
The house has a veranda, on three sides, as well, that has to be done.
All the nails are being replaced in veranda,and roof, the ridge along the garage is being replaced, garage is big too, 16 meters long, waterblasting, scaffolding,that includes the barge boards painted as well.
The quote I went with was $10,000. Do not know if it is expensive or not.
Some of the quotes were more some were less, but the company doing this explained everything to me told me exactly what they would be doing and did not "appear" to be pulling the wool over my eyes.
They said they were extremely busy and may not be able to get to do it before Xmas.
I live by the sea and get heaps of wind, so next year might be better for them, wind wise that is.

golfdiver, Nov 7, 4:41am
Sounds fair to me. What sort of paint and are they giving a guarantee ? Not surprising if they are not given it has been painted at least once by others

dansac, Nov 7, 7:40am
Golfdriver, yes ten year guarantee. The paint I am a bit concerned about, it is called Rodene, and I cannot find much information about it, but I am feel fairly comfortable with the people doing the job.
To be honest, rather them than me on the roof, I do not like heights, it is big and high pitched, i do not know how they have the courage to get up there!

golfdiver, Nov 7, 8:03am
Are they using scaffold with a platform at gutter height? Then they can fix roof ladders up the roof and install tether points too. Most jobs are doable but yes I'm far too long in the tooth for silly stuff like that.i remember doing a 45 degree roof in Hamilton 3 storeys above concrete and of course no scaffold in those days.

don735, Nov 7, 10:01am
public liability insurance

golfdiver, Aug 6, 11:48pm
Yep, excellent point. 2 mill minimum these days. Years ago I had a potential client I was trying to impress with photo albums of wonderfull looking jobs and glowing testimonials, when the astute client suddenly said. " OK, I want the phone number if a previous client where something went wrong . I want to see how well you handled it" it was an interesting request and one I have since used myself since.