Shower base uneven

firob, Dec 8, 9:23am
Builders / Plumbers Ideas please. Shower base appears out of level, water sits in a corner when shower turned off. Also base has movement when putting downward pressure with foot. house has concrete floor ie no manhole. Shower installed , say, 3yrs. Thanks for any suggestions.

underconstructy, Dec 8, 11:15am
Rip out, level the slab and install a new one. There is no cheap/fast/easy fix that I am aware of.

gabbysnana, Dec 8, 6:52pm
The bottom of the shower base support has failed or when the base was installed the support material was not installed with it.

happychappy50, Dec 8, 11:35pm
^^^^^^^
This if it has'nt done it before,I have seen some with all sorts of packing under them even old hardboard which just decomposes over time especially in a wet area.Rip it out & if you need to level it use cement board or plastic builders packers & an adhesive to secure to the floor.

thea4, Dec 9, 2:52am
Many years ago we built a house and my husband had the bright ? idea to put pink batts under the shower tray they compacked and made ir appear the house was tipping.

gabbysnana, Jul 10, 5:48pm
they come with a polystyrene slab, guess people thought it was packing instead of packing.