How to find handyman?

datoofairy, Oct 29, 6:50pm
Where do I look to find someone to do small job at my house? I just need a curtain track put up and I'm happy to pay someone to do it but cant find anyone. I've looked under the service listings here but none are for this sort of simple job.
I wouldnt think a builder would be interested in such a small job, so who do I ring? Does anyone know what businesses provide such services?

koru67, Oct 29, 7:46pm
Do you belong to the neighbourly website. You could post you are looking for a recommendation on there.

kaydee16, Oct 29, 8:42pm
Hire a Hubby says they do anything and everything. Worth a try.

footplate1, Oct 29, 8:45pm
Also "Builders Crack" and "No More Cowboys"

trad, Oct 29, 8:54pm
Try a curtain selling and installing shop. They should be able to put you onto someone.

gram, Oct 30, 12:39am
Is there anything else you need doing while a builder is there.? Have you discussed with your daughter making an attempt at doing the curtain rail yourselves. ? They are pretty simple and foolproof to put up.

datoofairy, Oct 30, 1:48am
I'm not sure what it has to do with my daughter?
Usually I would do this sort of thing myself but my drill has died and the brackets need those little plastic things put in the wall first and I always stuff those up. It's not my house so I can't go making holes everywhere when I make mistakes.
Thanks for all the suggestions, I will ring around the places mentioned ???

sboydnz, Oct 30, 5:08am
One needs to be pretty rich to hire them fellas

artemis, Oct 30, 5:17am
Too true.

Try Grey Skills if there is one in your area.

medcare, Oct 30, 5:43am
" A good man is hard to find.
A hard man is good to find. "

Mae West 1958

ksam, Oct 30, 5:46am
Possibly more expensive than a builder, and often half as capable. You need absolutely no qualification to buy a HaH franchise, just the dollars to pay for it. However, they'll probably be more available

happychappy50, Oct 30, 8:22am
Try builders crack their system is pretty good,you can can read about the various trades who have performed or not & form your own opinion,I use the site for work when I am quite & it works well,like most things there is good & the not so good . Good luck

krames, Oct 30, 8:46am
phoenix services.one call they do it all

morrisjvan, Oct 30, 8:59am
browse ''trade me -services''

aloha3, Oct 30, 9:06am
ring a curtain place and ask for a contractors name.

kcc55a, Oct 30, 9:52pm
Student Job Search. I see you live in Dunedin - a Uni town

texastwo, Oct 30, 9:55pm
Badly named. Implies that they are retired tradesmen In fact the are not.

calista, Aug 14, 6:10pm
I usually use Student Job Search, but the results are variable.