Best Wasp bait / poison?

nzoomed, Oct 15, 10:53pm
we have wasps making their nests all over their property, whats the best bait used to kill these things?
I dont want to stumble across a nest in the bushes when im gardening over the summer.

I believe there is a product you add to jellymeat cat food that the wasps go crazy over and then they kill the nest.

mm12345, Oct 15, 11:05pm
At this time of the year wasps may not be very interested in meat/protein based baits. They can't digest protein directly - but later need lots of it to feed their grubs which can digest meat. The grubs vomit partly digested meat back for the adult wasps to feed on. At this time of year a wasp trap with sweet bait might work better, especially if you can nail a few queens. Some vinegar mixed in with fruit juice in a bottle type trap is supposed to deter bees but still attract wasps.

lythande1, Oct 15, 11:58pm
Fly spray. Wait till dark to ensure the wasps are all tucked up in bed, then spray it.

maclad, Oct 16, 3:15am
Wasps making nests all over your section. Sounds like paper wasps and they are so easy to deal with. Spray with flyspray at night and next morning remove nest and squish so no babies hatch, tho I cannot see that happening after being sprayed. Bait, use a product called No Wasps (liquid) and mix with jam or honey, leave outside in a shallow dish, it may help.

nzoomed, Oct 16, 5:31am
Dealing with unwelcome wasps on your property can be quite the challenge, especially when you're looking forward to a delightful summer of gardening and outdoor activities. Nobody wants to stumble upon a buzzing wasp nest nestled in the bushes, putting a damper on the sunny season. But fear not, for we've got you covered! In this article, we'll explore the most effective wasp bait and traps that will help you reclaim your outdoor space without resorting to harmful chemicals.

Best Wasp Traps:
When it comes to outsmarting these persistent insects, having the best wasp trap on your side is crucial. One of the top contenders in the realm of wasp traps is the "StingGuard Pro", a cleverly designed trap that lures wasps in with its irresistible vinegar-based bait. This trap not only captures the wasps effectively but also serves as a visual deterrent, helping to keep those menacing nests at bay.

Pros:
- Vinegar-based lure effectively attracts wasps.
- Trap design is inconspicuous and visually pleasing.
- Safe and eco-friendly option for wasp control.

Cons:
- May take some time to capture an entire nest.
- Requires regular maintenance and emptying.

Best Wasp Bait:
Now, let's talk about bait – the secret weapon that entices wasps and ensures a successful trapping mission. When it comes to best wasp bait, the "BuzzMaster Wasp Bait" stands out as a remarkable choice. Crafted with a special blend of ingredients that include hints of sweetness and protein, this bait creates an irresistible aroma that wasps can't resist. Simply place a dollop of BuzzMaster bait near the entrance of their nest, and watch the magic happen.

Pros:
- Unique blend of ingredients for maximum attraction.
- Can be used with various types of traps.
- Highly effective for both outdoor and indoor use.

Cons:
- Some wasps may become cautious of new food sources initially.
- Requires replenishing if left out for an extended period.

Avoiding Harmful Solutions:
Now, let's address an important concern: the use of poison. It's crucial to remember that we should not poison wasps. These buzzing creatures play a vital role in the ecosystem, pollinating flowers and controlling other pest populations. Introducing harmful chemicals can have unintended consequences, impacting the delicate balance of nature.

A Safer Approach:
Instead of resorting to poison, consider utilising wasp traps and baits that target the pests without harming them. For instance, the vinegar-based bait mentioned earlier not only attracts wasps but also keeps them away from your immediate vicinity, giving you the peace of mind you deserve during your gardening adventures.

In the battle against wasps invading your property, choosing the right tools can make all the difference. Opt for top-notch wasp traps like the StingGuard Pro and elevate your strategy with potent baits such as the BuzzMaster Wasp Bait. Remember, it's essential to be eco-conscious and prioritise methods that ensure a wasp-free environment without causing harm to these industrious insects. Embrace these innovative solutions, and say goodbye to those pesky nests, allowing you to enjoy a vibrant and wasp-free summer outdoors.

tweake, Oct 16, 5:51am
Please DO NOT use anything sweet in the bait.
there has been a lot of people accidentally poisoning beehives due to this.

best thing to use is fish based cat food. also pre bait it. ie don't use poison for a while. get the wasps used to feeding there.
you want them to take the poison back to the nest. if you use just sugar you may just kill the wasps but not kill the nest, which will continue to breed more wasps. by using meat they will take it back to the nest and you kill the nest as well.

nzoomed, Oct 16, 7:12am
yes i agree, what poison is best for this?

comadi, Oct 16, 7:50am
Paper wasp nests just go out at night and squash them.

Common wasp, you need to find the hole in the ground (sometimes 2 per nest) tip a half a large bottle of diesel down the hole and pack the dirt around.
Do not light the diesel; it is the fumes that will kill them.
Lighting and burning the nest will leave small pockets of wasps.

tweake, Oct 16, 7:52am
carbarol was the old standard which i'm told is getting hard to find. people now are using one of the dog fleas treatments which has fipronil.

peter148, Oct 16, 8:05am
I am experienced in taking wasp nests out and I agree with the above post.

nzoomed, Oct 16, 10:24am
I think your right now that you mention it i do remember hearing about this, i think it was frontline?

Ill look into carbarnol if i can find it.

maclad, Oct 16, 4:52pm
Carbaryl not carbarnol unless that is a chemical I have not heard of and yes agree about the fish thing.

wasgonna, Oct 16, 6:47pm
"Kiwicare No Wasps". A powder in a plastic puffer pack.
At dusk or dawn when the wasps are home just puff the white powder into the hole. They pick up the powder when exiting and that's it. You may have to repeat several times to ensure entire nest is killed.

Worked for me and couldn't be more simple.

cantabman1, Oct 16, 6:50pm
Plus one

mm12345, Oct 16, 8:26pm
Sure - but the wasps probably won't be very interested in meat baits at this time of year.
My suggestion to use a sweet (fruit/juice) bait was in a trap - not a poison bait - I agree with you there.
http://tipnut.com/wasp-trap/ Some white vinegar discourages bees. Even set up near our hives (within 10m) few bees were caught - but plenty of wasps. A drop or two of dishwash detergent helps drown them. Every queen you might catch at this time of year is potentially one nest which won't get started. I hate the things - especially when they cause problems to bees - these are our bees under attack: http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/68356317.jpg

Problem with killing nests at this time of year is finding the nest - not so easy when it's only a queen and a small number of workers. For the brave, you can catch a wasp and tie a 6 inch or so bit of cotton around it's middle, to slow it down and help you see it so you can follow it home, but in an urban area you might have to leap across a dozen fences to get there - so it's hardly practical - at best people will think you're nuts. (It does work though).

tweake, Oct 17, 5:00am
yes, sorry. thanks for the correction.

tweake, Oct 17, 5:01am
might be different down south but things are in full swing here. wasps are breading hard out, so meat should work ok.

nzoomed, Oct 17, 5:32am
OK, so it is Carbaryl, well that is still easy stuff to get, its also known as sevin.

tim41, Oct 17, 7:10pm
let us know when you find some carbaryl,ive looked everywhere and no one has it anymore
cheers

tweake, Oct 17, 9:28pm
a lot of the wasp products now use Permethrin instead.
tho i have found it as general insect control before.
you may find some old stock in some shops.

tullamore, Oct 17, 11:49pm
So, just to reiterate. Our problem is paper wasps, as we have a very large property(as do our neighbours), the problem is finding the nests. We found an old plate size nest this week, very well camouflaged in our hedge! We should use fish pet food, after a day or two add the poison?

fhpottery, Oct 18, 1:10am
I trod on a nest of aggressive Japanese wasps on my farm and ended up in Hospital. Damn nasty. I went down at night and used Carbaryl powder by the nest entrance . it seemed to work.

smido588, Aug 28, 6:00pm
Carbaryl is great stuff to use if done correctly, but I think it has been withdrawn for the home user