Queen Anne's Lace - weed or plant?

nifty501, Nov 24, 1:21am
I have self sown Queen Anne's Lace that seems to be taking over and it's nearly 2 metres tall.Do you regard this as plant or a weed!

ruby2shoes, Nov 24, 1:25am
oooh, I think its a lovely plant, but it was too windy where I had it and it grew crooked and looked scruffy. Same thing happened with my mignonette. (sp) You've just reminded me to scatter some seeds.

accroul, Nov 24, 1:31am
Here's my theory on plant or weed. If you want it, it's a plant. If you don't want it, it's a weed.

stevee6, Nov 24, 7:08am
I plant it. If it's taking over, maybe you either planted or let it self sow in the wrong place. It's an annual so once it's flowered it will die anyway.

wratha, Nov 24, 8:56pm
It's got plans for world domination here too, but I love it so just weed out some of them and leave the ones in good spots, it pulls out very easily and if you whip them out the moment the flowers start to look a bit tired you can prevent some of the seeds from spreading.

matthews4, Nov 25, 7:19am
Definitely weed - was on the roadsides here, and birds have spread it to my garden - pulled out about 50 couple of days ago, as coming in to flower.Have HEAPS more in just one section of garden - under Magnolia trees, where birds nest.Will have to get the spray out next week, and hate to spray, but too many to pull out.Look like giant carrots, with white flower tops.Will get rid of all I can, as takes over, in paddocks as well, and don't want that.

stevee6, Nov 25, 7:22am
Or you could slash it and let it compost down - great for the soil.

mokaumoi, Nov 20, 10:56am
A weed is just a plant growing where you don't want it . Queen Anne's lace can look pretty in small doses among other flowering plants, but you need to keep it under control-and don't let it seed itself.