F & P dishwasher .

infinityjrc, Jan 18, 9:26am
Morrisjvan can you come and fix mine; fisher and pykel say it is 18 years old and not worth fixing; but I like you would like the parts replaced and continue using it.

devine-spark, Jan 18, 10:01am
Morris you sound rather 'sweet' but I am glad you are not my husband! I would want to scrag you - bet you spent HOURS doing that repair. My hubby spent 2 days trying to make an old program work on his computer. he missed a social engagement and a family birthday party. Sheesh! Must be the Scots blood.

morrisjvan, Jan 10, 1:46am
I have got a 30 year old f&p dishwasher that needs a new seal and bearing on the circulation motor/pump . I can't figure out how the impeller is held on! It has a hex at the other end of the shaft ,and two small holes in the impeller itself which makes me think that it winds off? but It is only plastic and I don't want to stuff it! The dishes are beginning to pile up!

pamow69, Jan 10, 9:05am
30 years old it is time to throw it out & replace it with something newer. Especially with what it will cost for the parts & your time. Anyway your choice, myself I have never owned one & never will. Back to your problem, yes the impeller screws off the shaft. I repair home appliances. Only thing is I can't remember if it is left or right hand thread. Try one way but don't force it as you may be tightening it. If it won't turn, then try the opposite way.

cantabman1, Jan 10, 9:22am
Nods agreeing: I have the same background as you except, mine was from the retail side.i owned an operated a retail Home Appliance business for 10 years.
OP is really best to buy a NEW Dishwasher

morrisjvan, Jan 10, 10:32am
A new one ! but it is only 30 years old!
Although that was my plan B

hammer23, Jan 10, 11:18am
Morris,what a pity you weren't around a few weeks ago as I biffed out a 25yr old machine that I am sure I could have sorted out BUT her who must be obeyed said get rid of it and now it has gone and been replaced with a better and smarter machine I have to say she was right and I was wrong----- again.

morrisjvan, Jan 11, 3:28am
Thanx pamow, it is a left hand drive thread,i managed to get it off , i don't think the bearing will be a problem to get ,but the seal might pose a bit of a challenge !

morrisjvan, Jan 11, 3:31am
I wouldn't mind betting that you will be throwing this one out way before 25 years!

pamow69, Jan 11, 9:04am
What is the make & model number? I will see if one is available.

elect70, Jan 12, 4:07am
Whats the model ,I stripped an old one recently as circuit board was stuffed & $150 for a "reconditioned "1 i kept the pump . plastic impellers are just a press fit on , never ment to be removed .

morrisjvan, Jan 12, 4:44am
All fixed, $30.00 seal and bearings, $10.00 hose clamps, just given it a test run -no leaks, good for another 30 years !

morrisjvan, Mar 28, 10:47pm
No circuit board in this on, still got the ''clockwork'' dial.