Frost got my potatoes!

versonson, Nov 20, 8:15am
My potatoes have just burst through the ground and got frazzled by a heavy frost this morning. Are they ruined or will they bounce back?
TIA.

lyndad59, Nov 20, 8:50am
had the same trouble couple weeks ago here in ChCh with my Tomato plant :( I picked off the dead leaves & hoping it will recover

wasgonna, Nov 20, 8:53am
You'll find that other shoots will come through but get some frost cloth to be safe.

macandrosie, Nov 20, 8:58am
They should come away again. usually sprinkle a bit of lawn clippings along the row to cover the plants & give a little protection from frosts.

versonson, Nov 20, 11:33pm
Thanks, I thought by now frosts would be well and tryly finished.

bluefrog2, Nov 21, 12:49am
Potatoes seem okay, but the cold definitely killed a few of my tomato plants - they were in the glasshouse, even!

feisha, Nov 21, 8:43am
We live high in the ranges and nights are still very cold. Have had 3 frosts in the last 10 days and lost some plants, (mainly curcubits that I had grown from seed and planted out because they were more than ready) but my potatoes are still covered in frost cloth and will stay that way till cold nights are over, probably end of December! I have had spuds frosted in past years, shortly after emergence, and they did not recover, sorry to say.

annies3, Nov 21, 9:08am
We keep ours well moulded up, covered with soil as they grow, once they get too big to mould up they are sprayed with water early in the morning if there has been a frost, is working well.

rocky92, Jul 25, 3:13pm
Same here freisa, i lost zucs and sum toms in my glasshouse, nearly cried! Will jus have to start again. :-(