The Potatoes Are Out

donnabeth, Jan 14, 7:27am
of the ground in the tunnel house now; what can I put in their place! It is a short area(there were only 3) I don't need any more lettuces, capsicums or chillis. I'm quite happy to even grow some flowers. My tomato plants are beginning to bear fruit, but they don't look healthy. The leaves are slightly curled and the growth is not prolific like it was last year. Is it too late to pop in another tomato plant! I'm in Southland. The nights are already cooling and By mid February will be quite cold even with the possibility of light frosts.

helianthus, Jan 14, 7:55am
Leeks!

mopeds, Jan 14, 7:58am
More potatoes

donnabeth, Jan 14, 7:39pm
Can I put potatoes back into the same soil the last crop was dug from! Already my tastebuds are tingling at the thought of easter new spuds. I have a spot outside for my leeks-they do really well in the cold.

harrislucinda, Jan 14, 7:58pm
yesihaveputspudsbackin thesameplacein thegarden
It,stomatoandspudsithinkthatdon,tgobackin thesameplace

donnabeth, Jan 18, 2:56am
bobcat_6-this year my tomatoes are absolutely hopeless for the first time in about 5 years. I was growing the potatoes in front of and beside the toms. Do they not 'get on' together!

malone4, Jan 18, 4:03am
celery!

tonijo, Jan 26, 12:47pm
yep - put in more spuds.I chuck on heaps of sheep pellets on the top so all their pooey goodness feeds the spuds.Two weeks after planting they get some potato food as well.