How much to paint an ex state house?

misteeenz, Jan 23, 9:43am
I have a single storey two bedroom ex state house. It is in o.k condition. Roughly how much to paint! And who are good painters to use in Wellington!

esawers, Jan 23, 9:48am
3 bedroom cost us $8000 chch

misteeenz, Jan 23, 9:50am
Is that prep as well!

dagon1, Jan 23, 10:36pm
I used to work for JPB painters in wellington great company contact Shawn for a quote :)

misteeenz, Jan 24, 8:46am
Thanks for this. Are they Master Painters!

dagon1, Jan 24, 9:35am
Yes they are :) will post link at bottomto there web page. it has all the contact info you need.contact Shawn he a great guy and he will sort you out and give you a quote :)

http://jpb.co.nz/home
brings back good times looking at the web page lol. i painted the big white building on the home page think its BNZ .think i might want my job back.

hatchback, Jan 24, 9:47am
Always get 3 or 4 quotes, they will vary by thousands, I painted a house awhile back for $6800 and the owner had been also quoted $13000. I have heard of absolutely outrageous quotes at times. I get alot of work because I have a good but reasonable rate

dagon1, Jan 24, 9:53am
yes so true it does pay to get as many as you can get as there is way to many Cowboys out there that are not qualified and certed.to many that have just picked up a brush and think they can paint.you can always ask to see previous work they have done also to look at the workmanship.but yeah the more quotes the better :)

misteeenz, Jan 24, 10:13pm
Thanks for your help. Have rung Shawn :)

dagon1, Jan 24, 11:40pm
No worries hope you get a good quote and get it painted before winter comes :)

hatchback, Jan 25, 3:01am
Im not qualified or certed but I do a great job and get lots of work, 95% through word of mouth.

jezabeel, Jan 25, 3:11am
That doesnt guarantee a good job by any stretch of the imagination

joe12, Jan 25, 5:42am
I'm painting our house at the moment, its a two bedroom house, the few quotes I got was $3000- $4000 but decided to give it a go myself, I haven't done much painting mainly have just helped out painting a few houses in the past. Im amazed how little it costs if you do it yourself.I'm nearly finished an so far have only had to buy one ten litre paint and a four litre primer paint.
All you need is a paint scraper, scrap off as much old paint as you can and then sand back with about a 80 grit sand paper,I'm just sticking to white water based paints from reseneso far spent under $400 house looks great :-) good luck

dagon1, Feb 7, 10:43pm
no it doesn't but i guess its just a thing to have so a client feels safe and hasreassurance !if a job goes bad is that were they go is through master painters to complain if they get no where with the company! where as if it was cowboy down the road does a crap job on the house. its harder to track them as they not under the "master Painters"