Any suggestions to this problem, please.

propagator, Jan 18, 3:16am
We recently had the house insulated.ceiling and underfloor.Over the last week we have noticed the vinyl in the kitchen, back hallway and toilet starting to bubble.The carpet throughout the house is also starting to 'wrinkle'.I would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced anything similar and where do we go from here.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

regy_2005, Jan 18, 3:54am
Youve probably got someone elses specs on

daleaway, Jan 18, 4:27am
Our new underfloor insulation has not affected our flooring in any way - carpet or vinyl.

stevee6, Jan 18, 4:34am
From what I've read, with the vinyl it means there is moisture under the vinyl while with the carpet, it wasn't stretched sufficiently when laid. If you had the same layers for both, you need to call them back. It should be covered under the consumer guarantees act.

propagator, Jan 18, 9:32am
Thankyou all for your input.Gardie, that link was very interesting.i am now wondering what the next move should be.Notify the installers! or take a 'wait and see' attitude!

lythande1, Jan 18, 6:01pm
You have a damp problem. Sealing up the floor has trapped the moisture, should have sorted the damp first.

gardie, Jan 18, 6:19pm
If it was me, I'd ask my insurance company for advice.Tell them what has happened and that you don't know what to do about it.They may send around a builder to have a look and let you know where to go from there.My insurance company was really great when I rung them for advice - I hope yours is equally helpful.
ETA - I'm guessing with the amount of new insulation in the past few years they will have had other people with problems too.

malone4, Jan 18, 6:33pm
yes sounds like it to me too.
perhaps a dehumidifier may help while playing the wait and see card.

kp11, Jan 18, 7:19pm
When was the carpet / vinyl laid!
If the vinyl is glued to floorboard & not newly layed (out of warantee) sometimes it works to put a tiny pin prick down thru the vinyl, lay a light cloth to protect the surface then leave a heavy item (brick) on it for a week or so.
A week sounds far too quick for carpet to be doing that, unless its also glued down.Chances are the carpet was stretched anyway & youve just noticed!
Do NOT use a dehumidifier - you dont want to dry it out even quicker.Will only cause more issues.

auburn4, Jan 19, 9:08am
The vinyl in my kitchen has also bubbled or come 'unglued' in several places since we had the house insulated, ceiling and underfloor. It was not a damp house before insulating. The areas are quite large so a brick would not suffice.

guest, Oct 10, 7:17am
I wish to show my appreciation to the wreitr for rescuing me from this type of setting. After researching throughout the world-wide-web and coming across tips that were not powerful, I assumed my life was gone. Being alive minus the solutions to the issues you have solved all through this site is a crucial case, and the ones that could have in a negative way affected my career if I hadn't encountered your web site. Your personal understanding and kindness in touching the whole thing was tremendous. I don't know what I would have done if I had not come upon such a stuff like this. It's possible to at this time look forward to my future. Thank you so much for this high quality and results-oriented help. I will not think twice to recommend your web blog to any individual who wants and needs support about this problem.

guest, May 28, 1:58pm
Fantastic items from you, man. I've understand your stuff pourives to and you're just extremely wonderful. I really like what you have received right here, really like what you're stating and the way in which you say it. You are making it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it wise. I can't wait to learn much more from you. This is actually a tremendous web site.Pretty great post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to mention that I have truly loved browsing your weblog posts. After all Ia1afll be subscribing to your feed and I am hoping you write once more very soon!