PRESSING FLOWERS:

carlosjackal, Dec 24, 3:33am
Could someone please tell me what type of paper is best to use for the purpose of pressing flowers! Thanks :)

thea4, Dec 24, 3:46am
Any reasonably porous paper blotting paper is good but expensive, one of my friends is using large phone books with the flowers between paper towels as they need weight to be pressed properly.she has a brick on top,Best is two pieces of ply wood with long bolts at each corner, top ply can be removed paper and flowers added layered with paper, top plyis held in place with a wingnut on the bolt, pressure can be applied by tightening wingnut
good luck

gyrogearloose, Dec 24, 3:48am
I'd suggest acid free paper.

carlosjackal, Dec 24, 10:01am
Thanks for that .my DH has made a beautiful job of making a flower press for me - using ply wood and bolts and wingnuts. I have cardboard but really need paper now and will try and get some blotting paper if I can.

punkinthefirst, Dec 24, 9:22pm
Just wondering if it would make any sort of a difference going to the trouble of having acid-free paper, given that flowers and leaves may or may not be acidic, depending on the species.

junie2, Dec 27, 5:09pm
Def blotting paper is best, but pattern-less hand towels or toillet tissue is quite OK too. Not acid-free paper ; it isn't porous. Keep that for when you store them perhaps.