What's eating my cherry tree?

vitaminh, Dec 6, 5:47am
Hi guys. My flowering cherry tree is about a year old. In the last month though it has been eaten alive. Any ideas what has done it? Pretty sure we have grass grubs. Could it be grass grub bettles? I see them in the pool in the morning. The brown ones. What should I treat it with also? Thanks :)

instantly, Dec 6, 5:57am
yep its happened to my young nectarine/peach and my pear both of which had fruit now they just have a few shredded leaves! grass grub bugs are the culprits I've seen them eating them don't know how to get rid of them though apart from the light trap method but I really don't know how effective that would be

vitaminh, Dec 6, 6:23am

vitaminh, Dec 6, 6:24am
Just found that link. Will go down to bunnings tomorrow and see if they have any sprays.

fhpottery, Dec 8, 6:19am
Grass grub beetles and cherry slug.

annies3, Dec 8, 8:01am
Yes the beetles are stripping the leaves off my little plum trees which were doing so well, when I searched for what beetle it is I found pictures of porina beetles which look just the same.

1749, Jul 11, 6:49am
Could be earwigs. I have had lots of leaves on my plum tree eaten away. So I made lots of little traps using rolled up corrugated cardboard where they like to hide during the day. I then open them up every few days and squash them. Leaves are looking so much better now.