Push mower

bergkamp, Sep 8, 8:15am
just used my original newly sharpened steel push mower for the first time -how underrated these machines are - a real pleasure to use and certainly quicker than a motor mower

annies3, Sep 8, 8:31am
Young son chopped his big toe off in one of these, he found it in a shed and pushed it along with his hands (no handle) walked into it and lost the toe to the first joint. long time ago now !

bergkamp, Sep 8, 9:05am
they are safer than motor mowers

nzmax, Sep 8, 10:02am
I still have my push mower which I have owned for near on 25years, which was 2nd hand when I purchased it. Its an original cast iron/wood handle Masport brand mower, guess its from the 50's. It still has a factory Masport tin catcher, which is possibly a bit new than the mower. I used to use it every week for 10 years mowing a 1/4 acre section round my house. Took just over 1 hour to do footpath, front and back lawns. Motor mower took just on 1 hour. When properly sharpened and set, a push mower leaves that nice crimp effect to the lawn, which not even a reel mower can replicate. It only get used occasionally now, as I only have a piece of lawn on the footpath that my neighbour kindly mows for me.

attabiah, Sep 9, 12:12am
Always wear my steel-capped gummies from fire service days when moving lawns.

maclad, Oct 6, 8:50am
I got my old push mower out on Saturday and my grand daughter asked what it was. When told she said I would not know how to start it. Love kids.