Cleaning Interior Paint

vitaminh, Nov 24, 6:44pm
Hi all I have a new home and my son got one of my interior walls dirty so I washed it and dried it and now in direct sunlight it is really streaky and looks awful. I tried again and still no better. My wife is pissed. any ideas helpful folk! It is a low sheen resene paint :( Thanks all

t_naki, Nov 24, 7:08pm
As far as I know that's it buggered. That is why it is silly that people are using this kind of paint. It is good for the builders but bad for the long term maintenance of the home owner.

hatchback, Nov 24, 7:11pm
What do you mean "this kind of paint", Resene amd Dulux make great interior paints

vitaminh, Nov 24, 7:33pm
So, any solutions hatchback! Cheers.

vitaminh, Nov 24, 7:33pm
I will also try calling resene and see what they have to say

pskpinks, Nov 24, 9:46pm
Do you know whether it is a premium grade [washable] low sheen or a trade low sheen [not really washable] - are there any tins or buckets left in the house!
Makes a huge difference.

vitaminh, Nov 24, 11:38pm
Hey it doesn't say. Its a zylone sheen, waterbourne low sheen paint.

vitaminh, Nov 24, 11:39pm
I just chatted to the resene ppl on the phone and they recommended some of there special cleaner. Might try that :(

lythande1, Nov 25, 12:54am
He means matt paint.

fordkiwi27, Nov 25, 6:29am
resene paint cleaner

mommabean, Nov 25, 8:23am
I use jif

jezabeel, Nov 25, 8:34am
Dulux wash n wear best ive used for wiping marks.
HA HA not many chippies could handle semi gloss finish on gib t naki

t_naki, Nov 20, 3:03pm
Yup, Mat paint is a builders best friend, it masks a so many shortcuts its not funny, it also means they don't need as good a jib stop finish and so saves big money across a build. Its funny how hardly anyone picks up on it though. It is starting to get through now, I'm a sparky and people are starting to move away from downlights so the cheap finishing isstarting to become more obvious because of different lighting. Hopefully it will stop, I really feel for people moving in not realising that if they wipe their paint they will permanently mark it.