Replace toilet

bettylee, Jan 5, 10:43am
How much should it cost for plumber to install new toilet system! - I bought one of those back to the wall type toilets and had it installed - apparently because it's a "new" type it doesn't quite fit in with the old villa type system! - it doesn't flush as well as the old toilet we had taken out - I've been told to change the old coper pipes outside in order to accomodate new toilet system which is suppose to be "water efficient" but you have to flush it twice to take everything down the tube so to speak , thus needing twice as much water as it should take - the old toilet had a strong flush . I was told probably $500 or more to replace pipes outside to some plastic ones - i figure I'd like to keep the old copper ones, and just get a new toilet that will flush like the old one! any words of wisdom!

lythande1, Jan 5, 6:37pm
It depends what the plumber had to do. Straight swap or readjusting everything, getting in walls, moving cistern and so on!
And yeah, they don't flush as well, personally I loathe them.

bettylee, Jan 6, 12:25am
wish i had kept the old one now - just a straight swap , no need to readjust wall - i hate this new toilet - reminds me of the crap plumbing they suffer with in the U.S

caspar26, Jan 6, 2:28am
I can tell you that if you bought a cheap chinese brand toilet suite they wouldnt have designed the flush box very well and therefore doesnt aim the water in the right direction causing the water to go down but no solids. My advice is to not change any of your pipes because they are not your problem. Invest in a better designed toilet and reap the benefits. I also made the mistake long ago of putting in a cheap toilet and now regret it. Talk to a few plumbers and they will confirm what I have just said. Bevan

dastedly, Jan 6, 3:59am
not many new toilet flush well .older one were 10lt and new ones6 lt and 3 on half flush ,so changing from copper pipe may be waste of time .if only 80mm and go up to 100mm may made a little change

gabbysnana, Jan 6, 4:06am
so correct it pees me off the bs we are told just to get a sale, i wonder how many of us have rubbish toilet systems.

bettylee, Jan 21, 10:08pm
I brought one from mitre 10 - supposedly a reliable NZ brand - spent ages looking for one , didn't want to skimp because quite frankly - having a decent flush is way up there in priorities and was prepared to spend the money on a decent one.to have it installed - and told that's how the new ones work these days! mitre 10 told me they'd have someone look at it , and if it wasn't the toilet that was problem, and it was a plumbing issue then they'd charge me for their plumbing services - should've kept the old one !