I have little white fluffy looking bugs

carrie2, Jan 2, 8:57am
all over the creeping plant I have growing next to my deck. I'm not sure what it is, I have cut the hedge right back and sprayed bug spray all over it, but they seem to be heading to other plants in the garden. I just opened the ranch slider to let the cat in, and my deck and garden furniture are covered in them! does any one know what they are and what I can do to get ride of the millions of them that come out at night.

wendalls, Jan 2, 9:21am
Are they passion vine hoppers. Got fluffy tails and they move real quick! Lots of them round at the mo. ive been squashing mine before they get out of control on my beans. Probly squashed a few bean stalks and buds in the process. Try googling or searching on here passion vine hoppers or fluffy bums as ive seen then called.

sailor13, Jan 2, 10:16am
Spray with fly spray

lythande1, Jan 2, 6:44pm
They are juvenile passion vine hoppers to be exact. The adult is a fly looing thing that also moves fast.
Creeping plant huh.they love Jasmine.

mottly, Jan 2, 9:33pm
they like everything at the moment - I first noticed them on my passionfruit - now they're all over the boysenberry, the flaxes, mint and even on the staghorns!They're having some sort of population explosion :(I go out in the evening, just before dark, and bomb them with fly spray - keeps them off your plants for about 4 to 5 days.

nauru, Jan 3, 9:16am
We have lost several shrubs to those little blighters.I was told that to spray with Pyrethrum and Neem (doing it at twilight) would help but I'm still battling with them.Neighbours are also having problems too.

toffeey, Jan 13, 10:09pm
Me too but they are just fab for entertaining a 3 year old boy. We play the fluffy bum boing game. Unfortunately it involves standing on my capsicums but is very very funny.