Weed in lawn

phaedra8, Dec 30, 7:08am
Looks like a buttercup to me.take some to your garden centre and ask what it is and how to get rid of it.

maclad, Dec 30, 7:19am
Looks like buttercup. Spraying with a herbicide specific to broadleaf weeds should help or if thereare not too many of them you could try digging them out with a knife.

digger148, Dec 30, 7:22am
Buttercup
A product such as turfclean should sort it out.

steptoesnr, Dec 30, 8:27pm
Turfclean is dicamba as well as MCPA but with no label claim for buttercup. Any product containing MCPA (or B) or 24D will take out buttercup and very probably you are not fertilising your lawn properly.

tigra, Dec 30, 9:06pm
Very effective way but only if you get all the tap root. Sprinkle some grass seed in the area previously covered by the weeed's leaves.

trouty63, Dec 30, 9:07pm
Don't know if it's buttercup. I have similar - tracks everywhere and the flowers are an orange-y colour, not yellow. Can't afford it just yet (and the weather has been awful) butI'm told a mix of woody weedkiller and turfix should do the trick.

dibble35, Jan 6, 5:44pm
Just watch the turfix, i've used it twice and dont know how i did it but both times managed to kill everything including the grass. I rinsed the backpack sprayer out well the first time and after the disaster that followed thought maybe i hadnt rinsed it out well enough, 2nd time i was very thorough in cleaning out the sprayer, and again it killed the grass as well. The product I used was kiwicare turfclean, and my lawn now looks a blimmen mess but i'm just leaving it, i'd rather have weeds than bare ground as i ended up with.