Toilet won't flush, properly

meg9, Dec 29, 6:26am
not blocked as have put down buckets water to test , water flushes but won't get rid of paper unless I put a bucket water down,the cylinder fills OK and flusheson 1/2 and full flush it just swirls around the bowl and everything just floats on top.

mark_g, Dec 29, 7:01am
Just started doing this! or are you new to this toilet! Trying to see if the thing has developed a problem or if it possibly was never any good.

net_oz, Dec 29, 7:01am
Has it just started doing it! Maybe the problem is the pipe from the cistern. It may have been moved and is now too far into the toilet bowl and allowing the water to slowly enter the bowl. Unscrew it at the back of the bowl move it out to see if it makes any difference.

meg9, Dec 29, 7:34am
just started doing this the water swirls around and almost comes to the top of bowl

mark_g, Dec 29, 7:38am
If it was always like that - as far as you know - then I would have said cistern too low and recommended raising it a couple of inches (makes a big difference).

But since you say it was all good, and now it isn't.then I don't know. There are good plumbers here somewhere that will help.

grifforama, Dec 29, 7:39am
Something is blocking the cistern from releasing water at the correct rate

wheelz, Dec 29, 7:47am
A frog in the works!!

meg9, Dec 29, 7:57am
Thanks found the problem , have been using those blue cleaning tablets in the cylinder and after cleaning inside cylinder a thick piece of blue stuff came out when I flushed several times , probably the packaging that they say dissolves

kinna54, Dec 30, 5:56am
Those blue things and some of the toilet cleaners that are in those cage things etc are really bad for blocking your loo.
A Plumber's worst nightmare!
If you want to put something in your cistern use the bleach type that stands in a container which has piercings in the top.
I would rather just splash a drop of bleach in my loo, which I do last thing at night, and leave to soak.
Also I noticed that a lot of the new loos don't have a really strong flush.you need to hold the button down for a few seconds when you flush rather than just push and walk away.seriously!

gabbysnana, Jan 7, 9:48am
my new loo does that, i am pissed, there was a plumber on here that said the cisterns and the capacity of water they hold are not compatble with the amount the toilet bowl is designed for. some ratio thing. i have to make sure the push buton does not go below the cistern lid, so have to use palm of hand, if you mistakeningly use a finger and push the button all the way, the bowl emptys, wonderful, so yes no flush and walk away here either

i