Cleaning houses with waterblaster

reeb, May 1, 9:57am
what are good mixes of chemicals to use with a venturi. one mix said, 5 litres household bleach, 4 ltrs water, and 1 ltr of dishwash liquid. does this sound ok? or any other suggestions. and i never knew that you need to use fresh bleach it goes off after awhile.

apollo11, May 1, 10:55am
I'd never clean my house with a water blaster, too much risk of injecting water into every crack and also taking off the paint. I just use a soft broom and bleach/warm water.

hulloitsme, May 1, 11:09am
I buy a 2 litre bottle of budget dish washing liquid and use that in the washers detergent tank. Spray on, leave for 10 minutes, then turbo-wash off. Does a great job! No way would I use bleach.

apollo11, May 1, 11:20am
Bleach is great. Kills the spores of any green gunk that has managed to establish itself, takes off the chalky layer on your paint and kills moss and lichen too.

tweake, May 1, 12:18pm
instead of bleach use disinfectant. (same chem as wet and forget).
hose the house down with that.

tegretol, May 1, 5:51pm
What surface?
Painted plaster?
Unpainted plaster?
Painted wood?
Oild wood?
Raw wood?
Galv sheeting?
Poalite?
Weathertex?
Shadowclad?
Ply?

reeb, May 1, 6:07pm
sounds way too technical, not going to a course on it.

reeb, May 1, 6:11pm
you forgot plastic. gods sake a general house that people live in. you must see some weird houses.

lythande1, May 1, 7:38pm
Simple Green,. Works brilliantly. You shouldn't mix chemicals, can cause nasty reactions.

kacy5, May 1, 7:39pm
What are 'general' houses made of in your area? We have all of the above list around here plus a couple not mentioned.

moniemonies, May 3, 12:08pm
We just use a product such as Kiwicare dirt and grime with the hose connection. So much easy.

shanreagh, Jul 28, 1:59am
Yes this approach is best. Builder/painter advised not to water blast unless it was preparatory to immediate painting. Too harsh with the force of the water and the chemicals used are also too harsh.

Both recommended the gentler house wash approach that moniemonies is recommending for cleaning houses when not preparing for imminent painting. . This is what I do. I also pay particular attention to areas of dirt such as on window sills by doing them first and hosing off.