Cleaning polished wood floors

jano8, Apr 21, 12:04am
recently moved and have polished hardwood floors in dining kitchen etc - finding conflicting info re some recommend vinegar & water some say don'tuse vinegar as the acid will slowly over time strip the polish away ? any recommendations on here welcomed ?

whitehead., Apr 21, 3:50am
i used to use a bucket of warm water and a dash of ajacks

survivalkiwi, Apr 21, 5:57am
Meths and hot water is what we were told by the polisher and they still look great 12 years later

leebee35, Apr 21, 8:15am
My cleaner who used Meths got the best results.

jills3, Apr 21, 8:17am
Wish your cleaner would tell us with wooden floors, how much meths to a bucket of water, thanks.

karlp2, Apr 21, 8:53am
In a 10 litre bucket of hotwater we used a cup of disinfectant and about 50mls of fabric softner, works a treat and leaves the floors looking great and no the fabric softner doesn't leave the floors slippery. This worked a lot better than those expense floor cleaning solutions the supermarkets sell.

lythande1, Apr 21, 6:33pm
Why use a solvent or anything acidic at all?
You're just removing dust - or a bit of dirt.
Simple detergent and water is fine, even just a wipe over with damp mop or cloth is fine.
All the urban myths about cleaning. tch.

survivalkiwi, Apr 21, 6:51pm
I have long forgotten the amount, just 2-3 capfuls I think. I just tip it in now, love the smell. Water must be hot though. Hope this helps.

red2, Apr 21, 7:32pm
I use Pledge Wood Magic - can get from most supermarkets - with the other floor cleaners usually . A capful into a bucket of warm water. Bottle lasts quite a while

ritebuy, Apr 21, 7:43pm
just a dash of olive oil in the hot water and the floor is clean and shiny

lilyfield, Jan 27, 9:52pm
Lythand always comes up with the common sense solution, i totally agree. One cleaning agent in the house is all you need plus water, for the floors-water only.