VCR head cleaning tape

sue62, Mar 30, 7:31am
Does anyone know if it is still possible to buy a video head cleaning tape?
Thanks

ira78, Mar 30, 7:51am
V. C. R? Oh, wait, I remember those from the last millenia. They still exist? Wow, you should offer it to Te Papa, surely they have displays of ancient artifacts it would fit perfectly in. :)

macman26, Mar 30, 8:15am
Look on on here or ebay

bryshaw, Mar 30, 8:18am
Warehouse used to sell them.

sue62, Mar 30, 8:43am
Thanks so much for the replies.

rlr29, Mar 30, 8:55am
Very surprised this isn't closer to $600.

pauldw, Mar 30, 1:02pm
More important than cleaning the heads was doing the oiling of the moving parts. Sooner or later one of the tape rollers won't slide out of the way fast enough when the tape loads or unloads and it will eat the tape cassette.

circularboy, Mar 30, 6:46pm
sue62, I have one sitting in the cupboard that you are more than welcome to - for the cost of postage. Got rid of the video player ages ago, but forgot I still had the cleaning tape. I will be back on TM after 5 tonight so will check back and will be able to do a 50c auction for you.

cantabman1, Mar 30, 7:30pm
If I were you, I would remove the casing and clean the heads and rollers with I.P A using a shamy cloth. It is not hard to do.You can get small bottles from your chemist.

tigra, Mar 30, 8:34pm
Chamois

jenny188, Mar 30, 9:05pm
Cleaning tapes work by rubbing through the Head of the unit. Rubbing causes wear. Taking cover off machine , blowing dust out and a wipe with a piece of cotton cloth or a cotton bud and Isopropyl Alcohol (pure) solution, is a better option. cotton bud is not the first choice of object as it may leave fibers behind. Alcohol solution is available from most hardware shops or possibly as stated in above post from the chemists. Is great for cleaning around electrics like light switches as it evaporates fast and does not leave residues.

sue62, Mar 31, 6:49am
That would be absolutely great, thanks so much.
Will keep checking your listings

circularboy, Mar 31, 6:54am
Listed for you sue62!

sue62, Feb 17, 6:14pm
Thanks very much. Have bid on this auction.