Clover in the garden

reggienz, Aug 8, 4:30pm
What is a good spray to kill clover?. Too big a patch to dig it all out. I just want it killed to never return, lol. TIA

joanie04, Aug 8, 6:50pm
Are you sure it is not oxalis?

reggienz, Aug 8, 6:52pm
-Definitely not oxalis.

lythande1, Aug 9, 8:23am
Then why kill it, bees love it, you are likely to poison the bees too if you spray.

sparkyz, Aug 9, 9:30am
Cut any flowers off to stop bees, and then brush it with Roundup. Wear gloves.

greyway21, Aug 12, 9:10pm
Roundup is pretty useless on clover. Versatill if you can get it, otherwise check the herbicides recommended for controlling weeds in lawns.

speeedy1, Aug 13, 3:31am
clover is good mulch. Just turn it over or cover with newspaper etc if it bothers you. Spray poison on food producing patch is not wise for you or insects.

oh_hunnihunni, Aug 13, 10:15am
Funny thing about oxalis - I planted some of one of the rarer decorative forms into a rather difficult barren bit of our community garden, over the top of some miniature spring bulbs. It was doing rather well until our gardening contractor spotted 'oxalis' and uprooted the lot, bulbs and all, and returned the spot to barren bare soil.

So much tidier, lol.

tegretol, Aug 13, 10:55am

meetee, Aug 15, 4:59pm
I stayed the clover in my gravel drive with lawn spray for broad leaf weeds mixed with white vinegar on a hot day and almost all died completely, only a couple plants survived to grow again.

tourer100, Aug 16, 9:31am
Please don’t use roundup, you will just get more weeds you don’t want popping, not to mention it’s a poison and highly toxic in the enviroment, just pull it out, job done

erra, Aug 16, 9:39am
I was told to dig it out to make sure I got all the little bulbs or it would just come back.

gilligee, Aug 16, 10:31am
Clover doesn't have bulbs.

erra, Oct 7, 10:47pm
Oops, sorry I was thinking of Oxalis.