Toilet bubbling

john26a, Mar 22, 9:27pm
Hi,
When you shower or use the washing machine and the water goes down to the gulley traps out side and goes down the drain, I get one toilet bubbling.
This house has a vent pipe outside.
Would anyone have any ideas please.
Thank you.

johnn, Mar 22, 10:35pm
We had that, the pipe down under the ground was getting blocked up so when lots of water went down it would bank up & cause bubbles on the lower gully trap. It slowly got worse & worse until we got a camera & cutting blade down there to clear the pipe, $500!

msigg, Mar 23, 2:39pm
Yes probably poor design or slight restriction.

tegretol, Mar 23, 5:12pm
Blocked drain pipe, likely tree roots.

easyglowcandle, Mar 25, 11:33am
Blocked sewer line for sure, I recently spent around $1000.00 getting the drain unblocked for the same reason, if you get on to it now it will be far cheaper, my drains ended up completely blocked and overflowing from the gully traps, it was a nightmare to fix the problem and clean up the mess.

androth2, Mar 25, 1:05pm
I had overflow from the gullet traps so had to get a firm of drain unblockers in to fix it.They used a high pressure hose. No more paper towels down the waste disposal unit !

jono450, Mar 25, 7:12pm
Call Jonathan from streamline

megan109, Mar 25, 7:38pm
Tree roots in your pipes. Drain layer probably needed

gabbysnana, Mar 25, 8:46pm
or the street mains are backing up, problem most people aren't aware of because council will fob you off.

tegretol, Mar 26, 8:02pm
Problem is that if the roots are blocking then there are leaks that are allowing those roots in. Cleaning them out with a auger or blasting is a short term fix and the roots will find their way back in. Realistically, the only way is to get digging and replace those leaking pipes. easyglowcandle - I'd say you were ripped off for the above reasons.

easyglowcandle, Aug 7, 9:46am
I definitely ended up with one of the more expensive plumbers but at the time it was my last hope as no one else was available, the next option was a week away and at the time the sewage was already flowing onto the lawn, tree roots weren't the problem, there turned out to be a major blockage on a bend in the pipe which had built up over the years, most likely a fat build up from the kitchen sink, the additional cost was for the jetting machine and after that, a camera inspection of the line. In the greater scheme of things this is the first drain blockage and plumbing maintenance required since having the house built 40 years ago so equates to $25.00 per year.