Bathroom fan heater

strebo, Mar 2, 6:25pm
My Goldair fan heater expired after 25 months. My Skope fan heaters are still operating at 30 years old. I am told the plastic Goldair models have problems with the thermal cutouts. Anyone have ideas of a decent replacement. I am not sure if my Skope models are still available . The bathroom is in a rental property. I don't think it was a user error.

stevo2, Mar 2, 6:35pm
Skope was bought out by another company in 2012. Cant remember who it was but the same heater is still produced with a different name.

nzmax, Mar 2, 6:52pm
I believe Serene are the brand that used to be Skope bathroom heaters.

joanie04, Mar 2, 7:43pm
My Goldair one lasted about 15 years. Replaced it with another Goldair about two years ago. Not used a lot as there is only moi here most of the time. The window is usually open most of the time and never had an issue with mold either.

supernova2, Mar 2, 9:33pm
Should last much longer than that. Have you tried a CGA claim, The more people who claim there is a vague chance the manufactures will up their game a bit

bill1451, Aug 13, 4:19am
We have a "Serene" in one of our bathrooms, occasionally I take it down and give it some "love" ie I take it a part and blow the dust out.
The biggest enemy of most appliances especially heaters is DUST.