Outdoor electric heater

gallee, May 25, 3:52pm
Ive just seen the ad for water proof sunshine instant heater on TV,. anyone know anything about these and if there is anything similar in shops? Many Thanks.

maclad, May 25, 4:19pm
Is it an infomercial, if so I would not waste my time or money

amasser, May 25, 4:49pm
Invest in warm clothing.

prickles1, May 25, 4:54pm
as seen on TV , a 2 for one deal . Your power co will love you for trying to heat the neighbourhood

maclad, May 25, 5:25pm
Why not look at an out door brazier which burns wood or charcoal. Has to be better than being sucked in by infomercials. Even that said, any out door heating won't be very effective as all the heat will disperse into the surrounding area with no benefit unless you sit very close to it. Then there are still problems. Sit too close you burn, too far off and you get no benefits?
And your back will still be in the cold.

tweake, May 25, 5:44pm
its only 2200 watt. you would need two or three to get any heat.
simply better of to go get a gas unit. 4-10kw.

ryanm2, May 26, 8:03am
Go to any decent electrical wholesaler , we have installed quite a few. Pubs, cafe's etc in their outdoor areas.

gpg58, May 26, 4:52pm
I have 4 Moel brand 1760 watt ones i bought for a song on here, (brand new in boxes for $40), they do work great at heating whatever is directly in front of them, out to about 3- 4 meters.
But like all outdoor heaters, if a cold wind is blowing, forget it.
Also like all radiant heaters, your front will be warm, while your back is still freezing.
But in an enclosed area with little draft, and sitting on insulating furniture, they are a lot better than nothing, and actually good in moderate conditions.
I use one in garage, and another 2, (one each end) in clear plastic curtained back porch with spa bath. But still limit use to cold weather, not freezing.
4th is on a stand for use inside, as real quick heat for just short blasts, (have heat pumps).

lythande1, May 26, 6:53pm
Out door heater? Seriously?
Hell, must be nice, some would like an indoor one.

dee238, May 27, 4:36am
i also saw this informercial. I googled it to check the reviews. They were not good in terms of the outside heating. Just about everyone said it did not work. They also complained about the postage to send it back. Was horrendous apparently. If you google it you will be able to see for yourself.

pisces47, Nov 6, 1:03am
You will also be compounding the Global Warming problem LOL