Spray and Walk away or Wett n Forget

Page 1 / 2
exwesty, Oct 14, 7:37pm
What does everyone consider reasonably priced for this product?
Biosheild @$99 for a 5L container vs a gutter witch product 2x 5L for $99 and will make 100L.

golfdiver, Oct 14, 7:45pm
See what the total diluted amount you get with each. Both work fine.

webworth, Oct 14, 10:59pm
I sprinkle a little dishwash on the path, then slosh boiling water on an angle over the surface. Quick and cheap.

exwesty, Oct 15, 11:59am
Deep clean from Resene shop. Currently 25% off and paid $52 for 10L of concentrate.

speeedy1, Oct 16, 1:53pm
This may help. AFAIK benzylkonium chloride is a constituent of wetnforget. I think the rest is surfactant.
Also
sodium hypochlorite is bog standard bleach, guaranteed to corrode metal over time and not good for concrete either.
sr2 knows his stuff.

golfdiver, Oct 16, 2:04pm
I've explained those differences ad nauseum on here. Buying disinfectant and pouring it on a deck isn't as cost effective as buying a moss killer product and diluting it. All you need to worry about is how far it dilutes and what the cost per diluted litre is. If it worked out cheaper, I'd be pouring bottles of disinfectant on my clients houses.

chookpan, Aug 30, 9:14pm
Want to do concrete around the swimming pool. Has anyone used either of these products and if so, which one works best. Thanks

golfdiver, Aug 31, 7:10am
It's the same chemical.

lythande1, Aug 31, 7:22am
And expensive. You know what I found kills off the algae and stuff? Dettol.
Mixed as usual in a bucket of water. discovered that accidentally one day.

chookpan, Aug 31, 8:41am
Ok. How did you use it. Did you spray it on the wash it off or did you water blast it off. Thanks

doodle28, Aug 31, 9:01am
Check out Bioshield - think it is the same product but much cheaper! Very fast delivery too.

schnauzer11, Aug 31, 9:20am
My bloke sells a product for this. I'm not promoting, just suggest you Google the various moss+mould products on-line. There are many, and the big names are all we hear about.

chookpan, Aug 31, 9:57am
Are you able to tell me the name of the product so I can have a look at it please.

harrislucinda, Aug 31, 10:04am
spray with bleach does same job

chookpan, Aug 31, 10:05am
Did wonder that. Diluted or straight. Had thought about just spraying it and using hard broom to clean and hose off

jan2242, Aug 31, 10:51am
Spray n Walk away is far cheaper than the other!

koru67, Aug 31, 10:52am
Anyone know of a version that is non toxic, biodegradable, pet friendly etc?.

wendalls, Aug 31, 11:49am
Sodium percarbonate is the most safest, environmentally friendly. But you have to scrub it. I think it turns to hydrogen peroxide. You can buy it on here quite cheaply. Dettol is benzylkonium chloride, (as is swimming pool winteriser but much stronger) also used to clean houses and rooves . It is in those products that you leave on and it works slowly. The biggest problem I found is finding a strength of the product so you know how to dilute it. If you use bleach (sodium hypochlorite)then then wash it off thoroughly so as not to cause damage /rust to nails or wood.

koru67, Aug 31, 2:09pm
Yes, I have sodium percarbonate and used it on our wooden decks last year. It did take some scrubbing but it worked well. Will be doing it again soon as a spring tidy up. I bought it as we have frogs in our garden and we are very careful with using chemicals around them and our cat. It seems to be very popular as a deck cleaner in the USA.
But our driveway is that red chip and as it is mostly shaded in winter it does turn quite black in areas. And the path to the front door is shocking (fully shaded in winter). The sodium percarbonate did not work very well on that, even with lots of scrubbing. As the driveway is already stuffed I might just end up waterblasting it (I know it takes off the surface) but thought if I could get something to clean it with it would stay clean longer.

golfdiver, Aug 31, 2:27pm
It's the same chemical ( just a ridiculously expensive way to do it due to dilution rates. )

golfdiver, Aug 31, 2:28pm
So you want something that kills spores but isn't toxic? Good luck

carter19, Aug 31, 4:46pm
I use bioshield. Its much cheaper than wetnforget and it works a treat.

koru67, Aug 31, 4:46pm
Yup, dreams are free. Just trying to be environmentally friendly.

harrislucinda, Aug 31, 6:25pm
can dilute salt works as well If not water blast Hubby just done all our paths even moss in shady areas

golfdiver, Aug 31, 6:32pm
Try to think of waterblasters and Lawnmowers as the same sort of thing. You mow the lawn instead of using roundup because?
Because you want to slow the growth and not kill the lawn. Waterblasting paths without spraying is going to get the same results.