Spray and Walk away or Wett n Forget

Page 2 / 2
macandrosie, Aug 31, 6:56pm
Where do you buy Bioshield from please?

supernova2, Sep 2, 11:15am
There are a lot of options listed on here. Try a search for algae gives you a few.

brightlights60, Sep 2, 12:20pm
I did a horticulture course a few years back. One section was on chemicals and safety etc. The one thing I learned is that for all these "brands" like Wet and Forget, Round Up etc, there are generic plain brands, usually from the Warehouse and Bunnings which contain exactly the same products and do exactly the same job. Roundup is a prime example, plain pack is exactly half price from the Warehouse. Wet and Forget, simply google the ingredients and go shopping for the plain brand of the same product. Bit like grocery shopping really, people swear by brands, but its the content. And always always always use gloves, masks, protective gear when handling them.

sally63, Sep 4, 1:01pm
Does the swimming pool stuff kill plants? I used diluted bleach years ago on the porch tiles, and the wash off killed the plants:( Cleaned the tiles well though!

sr2, Sep 4, 4:00pm
Interesting thread, when I read your post I poured a little disinfectant on our fibrolite deck. Two days later the moss and mold was gone where I'd poured it!
I just bought four 2.25 litre bottles of Necessities Brand disinfectant from the warehouse (only $2 a bottle), mixed in a squirt of sugar soap and sprayed the rest of the deck. Will post the results in a few days.

omamari, Sep 4, 7:33pm

wendalls, Sep 5, 1:32pm
Sally63, the swimming pool winteriser doesn't kill plants if used correctly diluted. You can spray your trees with it to kill moss and lichen.
It is supposed to be diluted to 2%( benzylkonium chloride). I'm just not sure of the exact strength of the product to start with! One of my containers said <50 %, (apparently this is a safety requirement for it to be sold) but it's not helpful if you want to dilute it to a certain strength!
Sr2s experiment will be interesting. I've been out doing another portion of my endless decks. Freakin grooves up pine. never again! Have blisters and RSI.

sally63, Sep 5, 1:55pm
Thanks Wendalls. I might have used it too strong. I hope not. I did not measure it very carefully and should have! I did it prior to reading your post.The concrete looks fabulous(I did a light waterblasting afterwards) but the plants-hmm, time will tell. Fortunately not too many

golfdiver, Sep 5, 2:20pm
You are paying way too much this way.

ceebee2, Sep 5, 3:17pm
Spray away from The Warehouse is a great price, user friendly and really works well. Takes 2-3 months to kill moss and algae.

http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/p/spray-away-moss-kill-4l/R411095.html

sr2, Sep 5, 4:04pm
Only 15% of the price of Wet and Forget doesn't sound like way too much to me?

golfdiver, Sep 5, 5:24pm
Trust me, we manufacture and supply industry. You are doing it wrong. You also have no wetting agent or anti foam both of which are important ingredients. The one we sell is a third of the price of wet and forget.

fredes, Sep 5, 6:07pm
Totally agree with you.

Excellent results here.

And others I've talked to here have found the same since we've discovered it.

sr2, Sep 5, 9:28pm
LOL, 'I'm in the industry', it was obvious from your first post!

golfdiver, Sep 5, 10:50pm
But you still doubt my advice?

aprilguy, Sep 5, 11:10pm
What's your product called, I am keen to try it.

golfdiver, Sep 6, 11:23am
I don't sell it on trade me, so it would be unethical for me to name it here. ( it would breach the rules and there is a nark on this thread who would delight in telling tales)

lythande1, Sep 6, 12:24pm
Mixed a bucket with water and a bit and tipped it all over, swished around with the broom and left it.
Still nothing grown back after over a month so far.

bryshaw, Sep 9, 6:39pm
But W&F have expensive outlets and heavy radio advertising, they must have a better product.

samanya, Sep 9, 7:07pm
I'm not sure that it is.
One has bleach in it & the other (w &f) doesn't apparently.

sr2, Sep 10, 11:42am
6 days later and what was a very moss/moldy deck is now spotless - I'm blown away by the results!
(I think the heavy rain we've had over the last few days helped the process).

golfdiver, Sep 10, 11:43am
Spray and walk away is the same chemical as wet and forget. 30 seconds have two products. The original was just sodium hypochlorite which is what you are referring to.

wendalls, Mar 5, 6:44pm
Well sr2. Despite having researched lots and having tried many methods, I'm still wanting better and faster results for my timber.( Maybe I'll try using sugar soap). I have just ordered bio shield though as I have so much area to cover.