Indoor Plant Problem.

machinehead, Sep 26, 5:36pm
http://i.4cdn.org/out/1506399088705.jpg

She ain't looking too happy.

Suggestions?

(We had Her on a shelf and She seemed to be leaning towards the window. Next day we put Her closer to the window, but She stays leaning in the same direction as the day before.)

maclad, Sep 26, 5:58pm
Hyacinth are not really indoor plants and will only be so short term. They prefer to be outdoors, even in a pot. The pots they are sold in are ridiculously inadequate, not enough soil for nutrients let alone water. Put it in the garden and it will reward you for many years. Plants like this are pretty and a trap for the uninitiated.

machinehead, Sep 26, 6:07pm
That's unfortunate. I specifically bought it as the tag reads that it will tolerate medium amounts of light, indoors.

We are living in an apartment, but have a balcony. Although, it is small and quite unsheltered.

maclad, Sep 26, 6:37pm
Well that is only my opinion, I guess you are aware that they will dying down again shortly until next years show.

machinehead, Sep 26, 6:45pm
Thanks for the info. and no, I had no idea it would be dying down. I bought it for someone else. I know nothing about them.

maclad, Sep 26, 6:55pm
They are bulbs, usually spring flowering. Once flowered they die down until the following spring. Sorry.

harrislucinda, Sep 26, 10:53pm
yes been forced to flower so all done now Repot and will back next year

wheelz, Sep 26, 11:34pm
Machinehead. you can repot it now, into a larger pot with drainage holes,where the top of the bulb is 3 inches below top of potting mix. Sprinkle some slow release fertiliser on top and let the leaves continue to grow through the summer. It will then die down naturally, don't remove the leaves. Early spring add some more fertiliser and you should have blooms again. Pop in some pansies or lobelia now too, so you don't just have a pot of leaves, and you'll have a pretty pot.
If all this is just too much to bother about, pass it on to someone who can plant it in the ground to enjoy next spring.
Most of the many hyacinths in a range of colours I have, came from flowering pots. expensive way to buy them I know. but I forget to buy and plant at the correct time.

docsportello, Mar 18, 4:48pm
Did it see something shocking outside the window? You been hanging the washing nude, again?