I have been given an indoor plant for my birthday

denisue, Aug 12, 3:58am
No idea what it is, and I can not take a photo, no camera.
It has a big pink flower, serated around the edges, pink, with 3 smaller ones attached, look like they might be yellow/pink.
The leaves are long and narrow, with a pointed end, they cascade from the outside of the flower, centre of the pot.
Sorry, no label came with it, just it in a pot.
Any ideas?

koru67, Aug 12, 4:18am
bromeliad of some variety?

wine-o-clock, Aug 12, 4:48am
epiphyllum?

denisue, Aug 12, 4:49am
Someone at work suggested a bromeliad.
I will look it up and find a photo.

lemming2, Aug 12, 5:04am
Sounds definitely like a Bromeliad, probably one of the Vriesias or Tillandsias.

lythande1, Aug 12, 7:19pm
Ask the person who gave it to you.

denisue, Aug 12, 9:14pm
The person that gave it to me does not know what is either, she just liked the look of it.

bluefrog2, Aug 13, 12:01am
*LOL*

denisue, Aug 13, 2:06am
I saw some for sale in a dairy last night, but it was too dark to read the label in the pot. They were outside. I am going to go back tonight and take one inside and get the person behind the counter to write down what it says on the label.
I looked up the photos of Vriesias and Tillandsias, but it is not either of them. Certainly similar flowers, but leaves are narrower.

akl439, Aug 13, 6:17am
Check out images of bilbergia on Google

denisue, Aug 13, 9:22pm
Went to the dairy last night and looked at the tag on the plants, it said it was a bromeliad species. Did not say what kind of species it is though.

paora-tm, Aug 13, 11:26pm
Use Google Image Search for bromeliad - that should help you identity which one it is.

denisue, Aug 14, 2:08am
I have looked at so many on Google my eyes are googled out.
I can not find the exact one.

mkbooks, Aug 14, 5:47am
Take it to a garden centre + get them to i'd it for you

lemming2, Oct 26, 5:58pm
Some Tillandsias have very narrow leaves indeed - the trouble with Bromeliads is their incredibly wide range of Genuses, and the incredible wide range of species within the Genuses, and the incredibly wide range of cultivars from the species .